Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
We all know that having healthy snacks can help us feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, with regards to eating between goodies. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains present in white bread.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash recipe. You can have thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash:
- Use 2-4 of whole acorn squash.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- Provide Pinch of Fresh Herbs.
- Use 2-4 cups of Brown sugar.
- Get Dash of Honey.
- Get 1 of box/bag Brown rice and/or Quinoa (or leftover if available).
- Take 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Take 1 of Sweet Orange pepper.
- You need 1 of Sweet Yellow pepper.
- Take 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare of Leftover turkey.
- Use of Leftover corn.
- Prepare of Leftover stuffing.
- You need of Leftover cranberry sauce.
- Prepare of Leftover Marshmallows.
- Prepare of Baked Squash Seeds.
Steps to make Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash:
- Preheat Oven to 375°. Wash and cut acorn squash into halves. Scoop out all the seeds and set aside. Place squash onto a baking sheet or dish. Cut stick of butter, placing 2-3 pats into each squash half according to size. Add a pinch of leftover herbs from making your Thanksgiving Turkey, I had some thyme leftover, but use what you have and/or prefer. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step and cut the time in half!).
- Next, place 1/2 cup brown sugar into each squash half on top of the butter and herbs. Drizzle honey across each squash along the edges and inside middles. Place in the oven for 30-35 to soften up while you prepare the filling. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step!).
- Slice yellow and orange peppers and sweet onion. Saute veggies in oil, then make the rice and/or quinoa according to instructions. *(We didnt have rice or quinoa leftover from our feast so I used a one skillet meal starter with quinoa and brown rice. If you have leftover rice or quinoa to use then skip this step!).
- When skillet mix is finished, add leftover turkey (shredded or diced) to the mix. Add leftover corn also and mix well. Cover and set aside..
- Remove acorn squash from heat and allow to cool slightly, while you make the baked seeds..
- Leave oven at 375°. Remove all seeds from squash insides and place into a bowl. Wash and rinse well. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay seeds out into a flat layer. Spray a layer of cooking spray across the tops of seeds. Immediately after spraying, dust tops with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins until toasty. Then remove and let cool. *(If you already have some baked seeds use what you have and skip this step!).
- Now, using a spoon place leftover stuffing and quinoa/rice mix with leftover turkey and corn into the baked acorn squash halves..
- Finally, Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a scoop of leftover cranberry sauce onto each mixture filled acorn squash half. Top with leftover marshmallows (if you use these from your sweet potato recipes) and drizzle honey across tops. Place into Oven..
- Bake stuffed acorn squash for 25-35 mins until marshmallow is melted and insides are warm. Remove from heat. Top with baked seeds. Serve & Enjoy!.
I incorporate this brandied fruit mix into an array of dishes and drinks. It's perfectly suited for mixing into a scone recipe before baking, for. Set the squash on its side and, with a large knife, cut in half vertically. Trim a piece off the bottom of each squash half so they will lie flat in the pan. She pointed out that anytime you have leftover cooked squash you can freeze it for future use.
If you find this Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.