Fried / jollof Basmati rice. Here is a SIMPLE jollof rice recipe that can be prepared on any budget; the recipe is especially dedicated to Remove the bay leafs and Serve jollof rice with your choice of protein. I recently fell in love with Yum yum I'll def try this I use basmati for fried rice and curries but not jollof Thanks again. How to to cook smokey Jollof Rice without the Firewood but with delicious smokey firewood flavour using Basmati Rice.
Basmati Jollof Rice is simply Nigerian style Jollof rice made with Basmati rice as opposed to the pretty common long grain rice. I've had several requests for Basmati Jollof Rice recipe in the past and quite frankly, I hardly cook with Basmati rice. I had had so may misses with Basmati in the past.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, fried / jollof basmati rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Here is a SIMPLE jollof rice recipe that can be prepared on any budget; the recipe is especially dedicated to Remove the bay leafs and Serve jollof rice with your choice of protein. I recently fell in love with Yum yum I'll def try this I use basmati for fried rice and curries but not jollof Thanks again. How to to cook smokey Jollof Rice without the Firewood but with delicious smokey firewood flavour using Basmati Rice.
Fried / jollof Basmati rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Fried / jollof Basmati rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have fried / jollof basmati rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fried / jollof Basmati rice:
- Prepare of cigar cups basmati rice.
- Take of tomatoes stew.
- Make ready of whole chicken.
- Get of thyme, 2 teaspoons curry.
- Take of Onion, knorr cubes, salt.
- Get of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of mixed vegetables (Carrot, peas, cabbage, sweetcorn).
- Make ready of chopped spring onion (optional).
- Make ready of precooked shrimps.
Try out the Nigerian Basmati Jollof Rice. Jollof Rice one of our favorite party food in Nigeria, hardly will you go to any Nigerian party and not find it. This is an incredibly easy, but delicious recipe. The uniqueness of this jollof rice lies in the roasting of the bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
Steps to make Fried / jollof Basmati rice:
- Pour the chicken stock and the tomato stew into a sizeable pot. If the mixture is too thick, add a very small quantity of water. Add pepper (pound or blend it first) and curry powder. Stir very well, cover the pot and cook till it boils..
- Add the drained 2 cups of basmati rice, stir and make sure the liquid in the pot is at the same level as the rice. Cover the pot and cook on low to medium heat till all the water dries up. When you taste the rice, you will notice that it is still raw and hard to the bite. Please do NOT add more water to it..
- Stir the rice with a wooden spoon. You can add more tomato stew before stirring if you think it is not red enough..
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot with aluminium foil followed by the pot cover. Make it as airtight as possible so that no heat escapes. Leave it like that for 5 to 7 minutes, at most, 10 minutes. After that, open the pot, stir and you will notice that the rice is now well done, not soggy, has loose grains and it is tasty..
- For Basmati fried rice: 2 cups basmati rice (washed) Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube maggi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir. Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil..
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (2.5-3), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly. Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 tablespoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed. Simmer for another 3 minutes Serve and Enjoy!.
Jollof rice, or jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), also known as benachin in Wolof ('one pot'), is a one-pot rice dish popular in many West African countries such as The Gambia, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Benin. Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve the joffol with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. Jollof rice is a household staple, often accompanied by fried plantain. We prepare the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice and indeed all Nigerian rice recipes with the long grain parboiled rice.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food fried / jollof basmati rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!