Rice with Corn&Edamame. The only ingredients needed are vegetable oil, salt, rice, water and of course corn. I use one can of sweet corn for every three cups of rice. Simply, add the oil, salt and water to a cast iron pot over medium high heat.
Raise the heat to high and stir in the rice; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Place the rice into a small dutch oven and cover with water. Stir the rice with your hand, then pour as much of the water away as you can without tipping the rice out of the pot.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, rice with corn&edamame. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rice with Corn&Edamame is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Rice with Corn&Edamame is something that I have loved my entire life.
The only ingredients needed are vegetable oil, salt, rice, water and of course corn. I use one can of sweet corn for every three cups of rice. Simply, add the oil, salt and water to a cast iron pot over medium high heat.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have rice with corn&edamame using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rice with Corn&Edamame:
- Make ready 2 cup of rice.
- Make ready 2 cup of water.
- Get 1 of corn on cob.
- Get 1/3 can of frozen Edamame.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
Cut the corn in half and strip the kernels from the cob. It's a mix of sweet-spicy flavors. Perfect for a family meal, picnics, and even school lunches. It can be eaten hot or cold.
Steps to make Rice with Corn&Edamame:
- Defroze the Edamame and set aside..
- Wash the rice and add 2 cups of water into rice cooker pot..
- Slice corn seeds and put both seeds and cob into the pot,too..
- Press "Cook" botton on the rice cooker as usual.
- When the rice is cooked, remove corn's cob and add Edamame. Cover the lid for 5 minutes more..
- Mix the rice with salt and butter..
- Make into Onigiri rice ball or eat with other dishes. You can subtitute Edamame with green pea..
- For Vegan version, skip the butter, use brown rice with a bit more water (about 1/2 cup) I've tried Japanese sticky rice, brown rice and jasmine rice, all of them are totally work 😶.
Once the rice is fully cooked through, use a fork to stir the rice and check for seasoning. Top Tips and Recipe Variations: Add some Vienna sausage to turn this into arroz con salchicha. Arroz con salchicha simply means "rice with sausage". Omit the corn if you just want a basic yellow rice recipe. While the rice cooks, cut the corn kernels from the cobs: Husk the corn, removing all the silky threads under the husks, too.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rice with corn&edamame recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!