Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style). Prawn biryani recipe – dum style shrimp biryani with step by step pictures. One of the easiest and delicious seafood dish that even a novice can try. Prawn biryani recipe – Aromatic basmati rice dum cooked with prawns, herbs & spice powders.
I love many kind of fishes and in my area we get plenty of them at very reasonable rates, but prawns are my all time favorite as they are easy to clean an… Shrimp – Prawn Biryani is an exotic biryani for sea food lovers,Shrimp cooked in Biryani rice gives nice flavor and also makes the rice best among t. Vahchef with Indian food videos inspires home cooks with new recipes every day. To my knowledge, all I knew was, that this is an Indian style prawn biryani recipe.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Prawn biryani recipe – dum style shrimp biryani with step by step pictures. One of the easiest and delicious seafood dish that even a novice can try. Prawn biryani recipe – Aromatic basmati rice dum cooked with prawns, herbs & spice powders.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style) using 37 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style):
- Get of For Marination 500 g Prawns cleaned and de-veined.
- Prepare of Yogurt whisked.
- Get of Kashmiri Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- Take of Green Chillies slit.
- Prepare of Fried Onions.
- Take of Garam Masala powder.
- Get of Garlic Paste.
- Prepare of Ginger Paste.
- Prepare of Coriander powder.
- Prepare of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of Cardamom.
- Take of Cloves.
- Take of Black peppercorns.
- Prepare of Mace crushed.
- Get of Nutmeg grated.
- Take of Oil.
- Make ready of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Make ready of to cook prawns.
- Prepare of Onion large sized, finely sliced.
- Prepare of Tomato large sized, sliced.
- Get of coriander leaves chopped.
- Make ready of mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare of rice.
- Get of for rice.
- Prepare of Long grain basmati rice soaked for 30 mins.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- Take of lemon juice.
- Make ready of Cinnamon stick.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Get of Oil.
- Get of Water as required.
- Take of for layering.
- Prepare of Fried onions.
- Prepare of generous pinch of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp water.
- Take of desi ghee.
But, after I situated myself down towards the southern India, the biryani list further enriched. Shrimp Biryani otherwise called as prawns biriyani is an one pot rice dish made by cooking rice along with shrimp and a few aromatic Indian spices. Shrimp (or Prawns) flavours the rice making it a delicious meal. It goes well with some cool onion raita or potato chips.
Steps to make Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style):
- Marinating Prawn In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Add prawns, mix. Cover and allow it to marinade for 30 mins under refrigeration…
- Cooking The Prawn Heat 3 tbsps of oil in heavy bottom pan. (we will slow cook the biryani in same pot, so choose the one with tight fitting lid). Then, add sliced onions and fry until just starts picking up golden colour. Add bay leaf and sliced tomatoes and sauté on high heat for another minute..
- Then, add marinated prawns and and mix. Cook on high heat for minute and then low heat for 3 minutes. Do not add any water and do not over cook the prawns. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix..
- Boiling Rice In a large pot, add enough water. Add bay leaves, oil, lemon juice and salt. Bring it to a boil. Add rice and cook until the rice is 70% done..
- Layering The Prawn Biryani Now, top the prawns with fried onions. When the rice is 70% done, using a large colander or slotted spoon take out the rice and layer it evenly over the prawns layer. Sprinkle the melted ghee over the rice layer. Sprinkle the saffron water and cover the pot with the tight fitting lid..
- Place the pot over a high flame and cook for 5-7 minutes. Place hot tava/griddle below the pot and keep it for Dum(slow cook) for another 10-12 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the heat and leave as it is for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the lid, dish out yummy hot prawn biryani and serve with raita of your choice..
- Notes Allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes Do not use too thick or too watery yogurt. It should be just thick enough to cook the prawns without water. Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes to deepen the flavour. Use heavy bottom pot with tight fitting lid to make biryani..
This is a perfect monsoon and winter season food with wonderful coastal flavors within and aroma spreading from this hot Prawns and Shrimp pilaf. Meanwhile you can prepare basmati rice for biryani. Meanwhile, grind grated coconut and coriander leaves into a smooth paste. Looking for a fail-proof shrimp/prawns biryani recipe? This Instant Pot recipe will yield the most flavorful biryani effortlessly.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!