Chinese celery w/ Tofu. Coat the pork with soy sauce and cornstarch. Separate the Chinese celery stalks from the leaves. Sauté your onion for a minute then add your garlic.
Chinese celery w/ Tofu So Mom doesn't eat chicken. She will usually eat a quick stir fry instead. Then, dice it into cubes about the size of a fingernail.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chinese celery w/ tofu. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chinese celery w/ Tofu is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chinese celery w/ Tofu is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Coat the pork with soy sauce and cornstarch. Separate the Chinese celery stalks from the leaves. Sauté your onion for a minute then add your garlic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chinese celery w/ tofu using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese celery w/ Tofu:
- Prepare .5 lb of pork butt; cut into.5” chunks.
- Take 1/4 c of shrimp.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Take 2 stalks of Chinese celery; stalks cut into 1” pieces, leaves set aside.
- Prepare of Tofu; lightly fried.
- Get .5 of onion, cut into chunks.
- Get 2 of Roma tomatoes; cut into chunks.
- Get 2 tbsp of garlic; chopped.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of black bean sauce.
- Take 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Get 1/4 c of chicken broth.
The smaller you can do this, the nicer the texture will be later. The Kinchay (Chinese celery) has a pronounced fragrance and flavor that complements the tofu so well. Compared to a regular celery Kinchay or Chinese celery is smaller with thin stalks. The whole kinchay can be chopped and added to the dish but I prefer just to use the leaves.
Instructions to make Chinese celery w/ Tofu:
- Coat the pork with soy sauce and cornstarch. Sauté in a pan with 3tbsp oil until cooked through..
- Separate the Chinese celery stalks from the leaves..
- Sauté your onion for a minute then add your garlic. Then the tomatoes..
- Grandma added this salted soy bean paste in. You can sub with black bean sauce; I think they’re the same. Add in your shrimp and the oyster sauce..
- Continue to sauté until the tomatoes are soft. Then stir in the celery stalks..
- Last but not least, the celery leaves. Add the chicken broth as needed to keep the moisture. Turn off the heat and set aside..
- Here’s grandpa frying up the tofu..
- And you’re done! Enjoy!.
Mix together the pork with the corn starch, garlic powder, and soy sauce, similar to the mapo tofu recipe. Remove dirt and any sand from the Chinese celery: Cook the pork with a bit of oil (we usually use peanut oil): Dice the pressed tofu: Make sure the pork is all cooked through and set aside: Next, place a little more peanut oil in the pan and. You can substitute with regular celery. Add sesame oil and mix evenly. This is the version of Sautéed Celery (normal celery) with Dried Tofu.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chinese celery w/ tofu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!