Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Refried Beans recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Refried Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Refried Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that actually can improve your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Some grains are truly great for repelling bad moods. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full also which can truly help to better your mood. Feeling starved can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. You digest them quicker than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to refried beans recipe. To make refried beans you only need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Refried Beans:
- You need 4 cup of cooked/canned beans (either red, black or pinto).
- You need 3 tbsp of fat for sauteing (butter, coconut oil, lard/beef drippings).
- Prepare 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 5 clove of minced garlic.
- Use 2 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 2 tsp of paprika.
- Use 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder, more or less to taste.
- Take 1 of milk, water or bean broth, as needed.
Steps to make Refried Beans:
- In large pot, saute onions in fat until translucent..
- Add garlic & cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and milk as needed for desired consistency (more for thinner paste, less for thicker paste).
- Stir in all spices & bring to a slow simmer..
- Cook on low heat for 10-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add a splash more milk if it cooks down too much.
- Once it has cooked down enough & the spices have had enough time for the flavors to infuse, mash beans with a potato masher, fork, immersion blender, etc..
- Serve on burritos, with rice, in a taco salad, whatever you fancy!.
Refried beans make a great side dish for just about any Mexican meal, and they can be added to Feel free to get creative with your refried beans and add some additional flavors such as chopped. Have you ever gone to Taco Bell and/or other Mexican restaurants and wished you could have those same good-tasting beans in the comfort of your own home? I love refried beans or "frijoles refritos" and this homemade version tastes as good, if not better, than what you get out of a can or when out at restaurants. For the creamiest, most flavorful refried beans. Today we are keeping it simple and showing you how to cook up refried beans at home.
If you find this Refried Beans recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.