Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lorena's Refried Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lorena's Refried Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super healthy and good for you. There are several foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Make several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all great for raising your mood. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which boosts your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more of this chemical in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not just that, nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein source.
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lorena's refried beans recipe. To cook lorena's refried beans you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lorena's Refried Beans:
- Prepare 1/2 pound of Pinto beans.
- Take 4 quarts of water Drinking.
- Prepare 2 of tomato Roma.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 of Serrano Peppers Jalapeño or.
- Use 4 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
Instructions to make Lorena's Refried Beans:
- Most pinto beans need to be cleaned and checked for rocks before cooking. I put them on the counter and slide beans into a colander, remove any rocks or debris and rinse..
- The bean to water ratio varies but I usually add one part beans to 5 parts water to 4 quart pot or slow cooker. Add onion, tomatos and garlic clove to water and cook on high heat..
- When boiling, turn down heat to low and cook for 3-4 hours, checking water levels. Add more drinking water as necessary..
- When beans are soft, add three generous teaspoons of salt. Let water reboil, and taste again. Usually I add more salt. During the re-frying the beans loose flavor so if you over-salt the beans while cooking it is OK!.
- In 2 tall pans coated with olive oils, fry jalapeños on high heat until blackened on both sides..
- Ladle in cooked beans. CAREFUL, they will sizzle. That's how you'll know its hot enough. The pot should look like 3 parts broth to one part beans. Cover and turn down to medium heat until broth evaporates. When ready should look like half beans and half broth..
- Thoroughly mash beans with potato masher or electric hand blender..
It's naturally gluten-free, vegetarian and can also be made vegan if you'd like. I'm going to attempt making refried beans this weekend, if anyone has experience making these please. After trying these, chances are you'll say bye to canned beans forever. Refried beans are like the mashed potatoes of Mexican and Tex-Mex cooking: they're a versatile, addictive, and delicious side dish. Refried beans, or frijoles refritos as they're known in Spanish.
If you find this Lorena's Refried Beans recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.