Fried rice (Indonesian style). Fried rice was originally created to avoid wasting leftover cooked rice. This Indonesian style with fried egg, shrimps and chicken ticks all the boxes with a marriage of flavours that will leave you wanting more. Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg.
Start by frying up your veg in some oil (a big pan helps this) then add your rice -it's probably a bit clumpy from being cold so you might have to break it up If you want to go all out you can garnish with fresh chilli, peanuts, coriander and bean sprouts. Selamat Makan! (that's bon appetit in Indonesian). A video on how to make Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice) loaded up with fresh healthy veggies!
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, fried rice (indonesian style). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fried rice (Indonesian style) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Fried rice (Indonesian style) is something which I have loved my whole life.
Fried rice was originally created to avoid wasting leftover cooked rice. This Indonesian style with fried egg, shrimps and chicken ticks all the boxes with a marriage of flavours that will leave you wanting more. Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have fried rice (indonesian style) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fried rice (Indonesian style):
- Make ready 250 gr of rice (cooked, cold, break it up as much as you can).
- Make ready 400 gr of pork (cut into slices).
- Prepare 100 gr of Shrimps (Peeled).
- Prepare 2 of Eggs (beaten).
- Get 2 cloves of garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- Get 200 gr of cabbage.
- Get 3 tbsp of soya sauce.
- Take 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Spring onion (finely chopped).
- Take 1 tsp of chili paste.
- Take of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chicken stock.
- Get of Black pepper.
Keep it vegan with Turmeric Tofu or add an egg (or chicken or shrimp!) – up to you! A fast and healthy dinner recipe the whole family will love. Kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) and terasi (Indonesian shrimp paste) set nasi goreng apart from other versions of fried rice. Serve with a fried egg on top and sliced tomato and cucumber on the side to make it a full meal.
Instructions to make Fried rice (Indonesian style):
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet, add pork, season with salt & pepper, Allow it to brown on all sides..
- Move the pork to one side, add the shrimp, allow it to brown, on both sides..
- Move the shrimp to one side together with pork. Add the egg, scramble it well, and let it cooked until well done. Then, stir egg together with pork, and shrimp..
- Stir in garlic, and cabbage for about 3 minutes. Then add the rice, cook for a few minutes or until the rice starts developing some color..
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chili paste, and chicken stock, stir well, and let it cooked until the rice absorbs the sauce and the moisture has cooked out..
- The last, stir in spring onion as garnish..
- If you want to see the video how did I make this recipe, check it on my you tube channel : youtu.be/V06zJ_Yw0eA.
This Indonesian Fried Rice is one of those amazing bowl recipes that you can carry over to the sofa and devour on film night – no need for a takeaway. This fried rice recipe uses simple ingredients that might you probably already have in your store cupboard. To get the Indonesian-style fried rice, you'll need to add some addition in your food. Believe me that you can combine Indonesian fried-rice style with almost any other ingredients. You can be creative while trying to cook this kind of food.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food fried rice (indonesian style) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!