Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice. Classic Shrimp Fried Rice with fresh shrimp, rice, green onions, peas, carrots, and sesame oil. Tips for making the BEST fried rice! Fried rice works best with chilled leftover rice actually.
Dried shrimp are shrimp that have been sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian cuisines, imparting a unique umami taste. See recipes for Steam Egg with Dried Tiny Shrimps too.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, dried shrimp/anchovy fried rice. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Classic Shrimp Fried Rice with fresh shrimp, rice, green onions, peas, carrots, and sesame oil. Tips for making the BEST fried rice! Fried rice works best with chilled leftover rice actually.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have dried shrimp/anchovy fried rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice:
- Make ready 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- Get 3 of small shallots, minced.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- Take 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- Make ready 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- Get 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- Get 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Get as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- Make ready 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- Make ready of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- Take of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- Make ready of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
One of the famous fried rices in Malaysia. Spicy and uses anchovies in it. In a mortar, pound the shallots, garlic, dry shrimps, dry anchovies and chillies into a paste. You can also use a blender or food processor.
Instructions to make Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice:
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok..
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute..
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well..
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok..
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it..
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.
The real shrimp fried rice, restaurant style. This is how I used to cook fried rice when my father still owned a restaurant. I love shrimp fried rice and this is a quick and easy recipe to make – if you make the rice the night ahead! I've never had a problem with soggy rice this way – cold rice works the. You can substitute with dry sherry for Japanese cooking sake.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food dried shrimp/anchovy fried rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!