Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Crockpot pinto beans recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Crockpot pinto beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crockpot pinto beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to consume. There are some foods that, when you eat them, may improve your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were simply anticipating to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can actually induce brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crockpot pinto beans recipe. You can cook crockpot pinto beans using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot pinto beans:
- Prepare 2 cups of dry pinto beans (sorted,cleaned and soaked).
- Take 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Provide as needed of pieces of ham.
- Get 6-7 cups of or as needed- chicken broth and water(i did a mixture, but used more broth than water).
- Take to taste of seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, McCormick vegetable seasoning, and a bay leaf).
- Take 1 Tbsp of bacon grease.
- Take 1 of onion (diced, and cooked in with the beans, and then i also put some raw on top of my cooked beans once i made me a bowl. i love onions! lol.
- Use 2 pieces of smoked hickory bacon.
Instructions to make Crockpot pinto beans:
- Sorted, washed and soaked beans overnight in water. NEXT day, drained and rewashed beans and added to crockpot..
- Added all the ingredients to crockpot, except ham pieces. Because, i used the precooked ham pieces. So i added them once beans had been cooking for a couple hours so the ham dont turn so dark brown and dried out looking. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low 6 hours..
- Also, if broth/water starts to cook out of them midway, just add more..
Luckily pinto beans can be done in the slow cooker which frees up a lot of time when it's closer to dinner AND they. Crock Pot Pinto Beans come out super tender and creamy without any soaking! These slow cooker pinto beans have tons of flavors and are the perfect way to make homemade beans without spending hours soaking and simmering beans on the stove. These easy crockpot pinto beans are cooked with ham and a variety of chopped vegetables and seasonings. The dish is hearty and satisfying.
If you find this Crockpot pinto beans recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.