Nectarine Shortcake. Great Prices On Millions Of Items. Put shortcake bases on serving plates. Spoon over ½ of the cream and top with ½ of the fruit.
Shortcakes are spring and summertime comfort food using the fruits of the season—like luscious, fragrant nectarines. Place nectarines, juices, and butter mixture in a greased shallow baking dish. To serve: Split a shortcake in half horizontally.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, nectarine shortcake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nectarine Shortcake is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Nectarine Shortcake is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Great Prices On Millions Of Items. Put shortcake bases on serving plates. Spoon over ½ of the cream and top with ½ of the fruit.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have nectarine shortcake using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Nectarine Shortcake:
- Make ready 4 of nectarines.
- Take 1/4 cup of sugar, plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Take 2-1/2 cups of reduced-calorie biscuit mix.
- Take 1/2 cup of milk.
- Get 3 Tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- Take 2 cups of whipped topping.
Place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the bottom half of the shortcake. Place the other half of the shortcake on top. Same as with the peaches, but: no chopping required! As Anna suggests, pick out the fattest, most attractive-looking blueberries to garnish the top of the cake with; use smaller or bruised berries.
Steps to make Nectarine Shortcake:
- Heat oven to 425°F..
- Pit and slice 3 of the nectarines and toss together with ¼ cup of the sugar and the vanilla. Set aside..
- Peel, pit and dice the remaining nectarines..
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar, milk and butter..
- Stir in diced nectarine..
- Drop ½ cup mounds onto a heavy-duty nonstick baking sheet..
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes..
- Cool biscuits on a wire rack..
- Split 1 in half horizontally and place bottom on a plate..
- Top with ½ cup of the sliced nectarines and ¼ cup whipped topping..
- Place the top half of biscuit on whipped topping and dollop with 1 Tbsp. additional topping..
- Repeat with remaining biscuits, nectarines and whipped topping; serve immediately..
A lovely dessert for a special occasion. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining caster sugar in a. This classic Peach Shortcake recipe is simple, unfussed-around-with, and perfect exactly as it is. A recipe passed down from my Grammy, this is shortcake as shortcake was meant to be. Top with slices peaches, strawberries, or any of your favorite summer fruits and whipped cream.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food nectarine shortcake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!