Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Get of ● For The Meat.
- Take 2-2 of " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece].
- Make ready of ● For The Brine.
- Take 3 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Ice.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Take 1/3 Cup of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 6 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Whole Pepper Corns.
- Get 1 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Make ready of ● For The Seasonings.
- Prepare to taste of Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning.
- Take to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Onion Powder.
- Get to taste of Garlic Powder.
- Make ready of ● For The Sides.
- Get as needed of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare as needed of Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Baked French Bread.
- Make ready as needed of Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter.
Instructions to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two – 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed..
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved..
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely…
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°..
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature..
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat..
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat..
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes..
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops..
- Once at 140° – pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested..
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!