Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, spiced sweet potato, black bean and chick-pea burgers with lime raita. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have spiced sweet potato, black bean and chick-pea burgers with lime raita using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita:
- Get of Sweet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked all over.
- Get of chick peas, drained and rinsed.
- Take of black beans, drained and rinsed. Or any other beans you have, even baked beans.
- Take of red onion, finely chopped.
- Get of red pepper, finely chopped.
- Make ready of Garlic cloves, I used 3 fat ones. Chop finely or macerate with salt to a paste.
- Prepare of Smoked Hot paprika.
- Prepare of Sweet paprika.
- Take of Chilli flakes.
- Take of Dried Oregano.
- Get of Bayleaf.
- Get of Malden Sea salt.
- Make ready of Ground black pepper.
- Take of Concentrated liquid stock.
- Take of Panko Breadcrumbs, about half a packet.
- Make ready of Smoked Paprika, sweet or hot.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Garlic granules.
- Get of Plain yoghurt.
- Take of Lime, juice of half and half cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Rapeseed oil.
Instructions to make Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita:
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Pop the washed and pricked sweet potatoes into the oven and bake until soft, about 30 – 40 minutes. Or for speed, pop into a microwave, cook for 12 minutes on high and then finish in the hot oven for 15 mins..
- Place the beans and chickpeas into a pan along with the stock and Bayleaf. Just cover with boiling water, season and simmer for 15 mins or until the stock has reduced..
- While the beans and chickpeas are simmering, prep the onion, pepper, garlic and spices. I like to put my spices, seasoning and herbs onto a small plate and then blend together.
- Heat a frying pan, add a splash of rapeseed oil and then sauté the onions until golden, add the garlic, heat gently for 1 minute, add the red pepper, stir, add the herbs and spices, season and cook gently for 10 minutes or until soft..
- While the onions and pepper cook, remove the cooked sweet potatoes from the oven, cut through and leave to cool slightly. Peel off the skin and mash lightly with a fork. Season. Turn the oven down to 180 degrees C..
- Drain the beans and chickpeas and pulse gently in a food processor. It's important not to over process and to have some texture. If you don't have a food processor, mash with a fork or potato masher or chop roughly with a knife. Then thoroughly mix the beans, chickpeas, sweet potato mash and onion mixture together. Taste and adjust seasoning and spicing if required..
- Place half a pack of Panko breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl, add the spices and herbs and mix together. Take a large tablespoon of the burger mixture and put it onto the breadcrumb mix. Form into patties an cover with breadcrumbs. Once all of the burgers are formed chill for 30 mins in the 'fridge to firm up a bit. It's not essential to chill if you're in a hurry..
- Bake the burgers in the oven at 180 degrees C approx 20 mins or shallow fry in hot Rapeseed oil until brown and crisp, approx 5 mins each side. Serve with a wedge of Lime, some Yoghurt blended with juice of half a Lime to make a Lime Raita and some veg of your choice a green salad or in a bun with some salsa, mozzarella and salad leaves. Enjoy..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food spiced sweet potato, black bean and chick-pea burgers with lime raita recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!