Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. These kinds of foods are packed with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a good effect on your health.
Your main meals should also contain fish like salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. The great thing about salmon is that along with other nutrients additionally it is loaded with Omega-3. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only will need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. In addition before preparing your steak you really need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate cake with fudge frosting recipe. You can cook chocolate cake with fudge frosting using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting:
- Get of For the Cake.
- Provide 2 C (400 g) of sugar.
- Prepare 1 3/4 C (220 g) of all purpose flour.
- Use 1 C (120 g) of pure cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Use 2 of large eggs (at room temperature).
- Prepare 1 C of buttermilk.
- Provide 1 C of boiling water.
- Take 3/4 C of corn oil / light olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Use of For the Fudge Frosting.
- Provide 2 C (452 g) of unsalted butter – softened.
- Use 2 1/2 C (300 g) of powdered sugar – sifted.
- Take 1 1/4 C (150 g) of cocoa powder – sifted.
- Prepare 1/2 C of full fat sour cream room temperature.
- Provide 1/2 C of hot water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get Pinch of fine sea salt.
- Provide 10 ounce of dark chocolate (60-70%).
- Take of (Melted & cooled to lukewarm).
Instructions to make Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 C. Grease & line two 8-inch round baking pans with parchment paper. Grease parchment..
- For the Cake – In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder & salt, whisking until thoroughly combined. Next, in a separate bowl Crack eggs, add buttermilk, oil & vanilla. Lightly mix with fork then pour this wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk to mix then add in hot boiling water, keep whisking or Beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated. Divide evenly among prepared pans..
- Bake for 40-45mins (30-35mins for a 6-inch cake) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just few moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven to cool. Run a small knife around the edges of each pan, then gently invert onto wire racks. Cakes should come out cleanly..
- Peel off the parchment paper & allow cakes to cool completely. At this point, cakes can be frozen until ready to use, up to 1 month. Simply wrap each layer individually in a double layer of plastic wrap & store inside a large zip top bag..
- For the frosting – in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until very pale & creamy, abt 5mins. Add sifted powdered sugar & cocoa powder & mix to combine. Add sour cream, hot water, vanilla & salt & mix on low speed until the liquid is incorporated, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed. It may look slightly curdled at this point, but dont worry. Increase speed to medium high & beat until smooth for another 2-3mins..
- Add lukewarm chocolate & mix until smooth & glossy. At this point, you hv abt 30mins at cool room temperature (longer in summer) to work with the frosting before it begins to harden. Note: this frosting does not do well when made a head of time..
- To assemble – level cake layers if necessary (trim any domed top off with serrated knife). Place one layer, bottom side up, on a cake stand or serving platter (on a piece of parchment if you will need to move it). Spread abt 1 cup of frosting in an even layer, then place second layer on top, flat side up, pressing gently to adhere..
- Cover the entire cake with a thin layer of buttercream using offset spatula. This ‘crumb coat’ will seal in the cake crumbs & make the final layer of frosting easier. If your cakes were frozen, this should firm up pretty quickly, otherwise refrigerate for abt 10mins to set. Slather with remaining buttercream in a thick layer, reserving some for piping decorative details if desired..
If you find this Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.