Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This is usually a problem, however, in terms of eating between snacks. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains included in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to apple glazed braised pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta recipe. You can have apple glazed braised pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta:
- Prepare 1/2 of slab pork belly.
- Provide of Mirepoix (carrot, celery onions)–optional.
- Prepare Handful of ofHerbs (thyme bay leaves)—-essential.
- Prepare 250 g of Fregola pasta (can also use Israeli couscous, orzo pasta or mini macaroni).
- Use 2 of big sized corn on cob (or a can or bag or sweet corn).
- Provide of Butter.
- You need 1 of Diced Apple (1cm cubes).
- You need of Kale (or spinach).
- Get 2 of ltrs Apple juice.
- Get 1 stick of cinnamon (optional).
- Use 3 of star anise (optional).
- Use 2 tablespoon of honey.
- Take of Pork jus/sauce (red wine jus or gravy) Making jus is a long process.
- Provide 250 g of Bacon lardon/pancetta.
- Provide of Chopped Parsley.
- Take of salt.
- Provide of black pepper.
- Take of oil.
Instructions to make Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta:
- PORK BELLY In a big pan enough to fit the belly, add enough water to cover the belly like three times Add your mirepoix, herbs and season (carrot, onions, celery, thyme, bay leaves etc) Braise pork belly for a minimum of 7hrs on low-med heat to get tender When ready place the belly gently between two-parchment paper and press with weight, Leave to cool in the fridge, should set and harden in few hours. When set portion into about 5cm squares..
- FREGOLA PASTA Cook the pasta in salted water with a drizzle of (olive) oil. When al dente drain and set aside.
- SWEET CORN In a pan with salted water, cook the corn also adding a knob of butter, some thyme and bay leave. When ready cool down one corn and then shave the corn off the husk and set aside. You can avoid this step by using canned or bagged sweet corn..
- SWEETCORN PUREE Shave the other corn whilst hot into a blender with about 50g butter, a pinch of cumin(optional) and a dash of cream(optional). Blend into a wet puree almost like a soup but thicker. If too thick add some water from the boiled corn pan..
- KALE, Blanch a handful of kale in salted water until tender not overcooked.
- APPLE CARAMEL GLAZE In a pan, add the 2 litres of apple juice, two table spoons of honey, a cinnamon stick and three star anise. Let it boil and reduce until it comes to 118 degrees celcius or just when its got a nice creamy consistency.
- THE FRICASSE, in a pan with a drizzle of oil, toss the lardons until cooked, then add the cooked pasta and sweetcorn, season with salt and black pepper then add chopped parsley to finish..
- THE GLAZED PORK, in another pan with a drizzle of oil, brown off the pork belly on all side and the put the oven for about 5 mins at 180 degrees. once out put in another pan with about 2 spoons of the caramel and coat the pork..
- THE PLATING in a bowl spread about 2 tablespoons of the sweetcorn puree. then serve about 2 tablspoons of the fricasse on the puree. The galzed pork belly goes straight on the fricassse with about 4-5 pieces of kale around the pork. place your dice apples on the pork or around it, sauce and serve.
Braise pork belly (Dong Po Rou) is surprisingly simple to prepare because it only involves six ingredients. You need a few hours of stewing before you can taste the fantastic evening combination of flavor and texture of the meat, which is definitely worth the wait. Ask for this cut of pork from your. To bring out the flavor of Junami apples (a particularly juicy, crisp variety), we're glazing them and seasoning them with cinnamon—a classic touch. Tonight's recipe borrows from a favorite culinary tradition of Eastern Europe: pairing a hearty pork roast with sweet apples and red cabbage.
If you find this Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.