Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, delicious fish and seafood chowder. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have delicious fish and seafood chowder using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder:
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- Take 500 g of skinned and boned white fish, such as basa, cod or flake.
- Make ready 1 of x boned salmon tail.
- Prepare 500 g of shelled and deveined small prawns/shrips.
- Prepare 4 of large potatos (roughly chopped).
- Get 4 of celery stalks (roughly chopped into 4-5 cm pieces).
- Make ready 1 of large onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves (diced).
- Make ready 1 L of fish stock.
- Make ready 250 ml of thickened cream.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary.
- Get of Salt and black pepper.
- Get 3 strands of saffron (optional).
- Take 1/4 cup of plain flour (to thicken).
- Take of Crusty bread (to serve).
Instructions to make Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder:
- One of the greatest things about his recipe is the different textures of the fish. To begin, heat your oil on a pan over a medium heat. Salt you salmon (on the non skin side) and place it face down on the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes then flip. Cook on the skin side for 5 minutets. Remove from heat, discard the skin and set aside. Pre-cooking the salmon will ensure that it doesn't splinter in the Chowder..
- In a large pot heat the butter using a low heat. When hot, add onion and garlic. Cook on a low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrent. Add potato and celery. Cook on a low heat for 15 minutes, or until potato slightly softens..
- Add your fish stock, then bring to the boil. While the water is boiling, prepare your whitefish by chopping it into large-ish (5cm chunks). When the water is boiled, throw in your white fish, prawns, rosemary and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Place lid on pot and turn down to a low heat. Leave to cook for 30 minites..
- Try the liquid mixture. Adjust for seasoning (depending on what fish-stock you are using, you might need to add salt). Chop your already fried salmon into similar sized chunks as the whitefish. Place in the pot..
- Stir through the cream, turn up to medium heat. If you are using a little saffron, add it now. It won't bring much flavour, but it will add a lovely colour to your Chowder..
- When the cream has heated (approx 3mins) add in your flour 1 spoon at a time, making sure it stirred through. You might need to add additional flour depending on consistency. Add extra flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached..
- Enjoy with some crusty bread..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food delicious fish and seafood chowder recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!