Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
We are all aware that consuming healthy foods can help us really feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
While searching for a convenient wholesome snack, do not forget about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch isn’t a good idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to make it. Quick hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my honey, maple & mustard glazed gammon recipe. You can have my honey, maple & mustard glazed gammon using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon:
- You need 1 of smoked gammon or ham joint,.
- You need of For the spiced cola:.
- Take 1-2 litres of cola (enough to cover joint just over halfway in pan).
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground ginger,.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cinnamon,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Get 4 of whole cloves,.
- Take 1 stick of celery, chopped into chunks,.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, chopped roughly,.
- Take 1/3 of rd red onion, chopped into chunks,.
- You need of For the bottom of the basting pan:.
- Provide 3 of carrots, roughly chopped,.
- Provide 2/3 of rds a red onion, chopped,.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, chopped,.
- Prepare of Some water.
- Get of For the basting glaze equal parts:.
- Provide of Maple syrup,.
- Provide of Organic honey,.
- Provide of Dijon mustard.
Instructions to make My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon:
- Fill a large saucepan (that has a lid) up with cola around halfway and add in all the spices and veg listed in the spiced cola mix, bring to a simmer. Give it a stir to combine the spices into the cola so there's no clumps..
- Place the joint of gammon/ham into the cola and allow it to come to the boil. Top up with a bit more cola if needed, don't overfill the saucepan though as it'll boil over. Place the lid over and turn down the heat slightly to medium. Allow to bubble away for 30-50 mins (the time will depend on the size of the ham), then carefully turn the ham over onto the other side, and top up with more cola if needed then leave to simmer in the cola for another 30-50 mins (again guage this time by size)..
- Remove the gammon/ham from the heat and discard the cola. Leave it to rest on a board whilst you preheat the oven to 200 (gas)..
- Cut off any string remaining on the ham and place it into a high sided baking tray. Place in the carrots, onion and celery then put the gammon rind side up on top of the veg. Fill the bottom of the baking tray with a little water (about 1 inch high will do)..
- Using a really sharp knife cut a diamond pattern into the rind (if not already done). Glaze the top with some of the maple, honey and mustard mixture using a basting brush then bake in the oven for 60-100 minutes, (again depending on size of the joint), every so often returning to baste it more, so you build up a golden and delicious glaze..
- Once happy with the sticky golden glaze, remove from the oven and leave to cool and rest. Carve it once cooled and enjoy! :).
Honey and maple syrup are two of the most popular sweeteners in the world and there's no. Honey Maple Roasted Carrots – An easy simple side dish to accompany any meal, tossed in olive oil, maple syrup, honey and herbs. All you need is olive oil, honey, maple syrup and some pantry herbs. Maple honey — Maple Ma ple (m[=a] p l), n. [AS. mapolder, mapulder, mapol; akin to Icel. m[ o]purr maple honey — noun : maple syrup of light color boiled to a density of strained honey * * * Chiefly. Relish your taste buds with a tinch of delicious maple honey while keeping a watch on sugar intake.
If you find this My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.