Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, mike's easy chile verde sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have mike's easy chile verde sauce using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce:
- Take of Chile Verde Sauce.
- Get of Pork [purchase pre-cut in 1" cubes].
- Get of 12 oz Hot Or Mild Bueno Chopped Hatch Green Chile [use 3/4 bucket initially and reserve the rest until end].
- Make ready of If you can't find Hatch Chiles Use 1 Of These Or Mix & Match: 4 4oz Cans Green Chiles – Or 8 Extra Large Jalapeños – Or 8 Large Mira Sol Chilis – Or 8 Large Poblanos – Or 8 Large Anaheim Chiles [chopped-seeds left in are optional for additional heat].
- Get of 32 oz Chicken Broth [you may not need all].
- Prepare of 12 oz Tomatillos [drained-smashed].
- Prepare of Extra Large White Onion [chopped].
- Get of Can Rotell Tomatoes & Green Chiles.
- Make ready of Chopped Celery [with leaves] [optional].
- Get of Fresh Cilantro [chopped-loosely packed].
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- Get of Mexican Oregano.
- Take of Cumin [reserve 1/2 tbs for end].
- Make ready of Potatoes [small cubed-peels on].
- Get of Additional Fresh Cilantro [reserve for end].
- Prepare of Salt [or more to taste].
- Prepare of Cornstarch And 2 tbs Water [used to thicken sauce].
- Make ready of Kitchen Equipment.
- Make ready of Thick Bottom Cooking Pot.
- Get of Baking Soda [use in 1/4 tsp increments].
- Take of Optional Toppings & Garnishments.
- Make ready of Mexican 3 Cheese [1 cup in pot – 1 cup for garnish – optional].
Steps to make Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce:
- Chop all vegetables. Chop potatoes and [additional] cilantro and set to side. Place potatoes in cool water for later use..
- Mix everything together [except 1/4 green chile, additional cilantro and cumin and potatoes] and place in large pot. Simmer until pork is fall apart tender. Usually about 3+ hours. The chicken version is much quicker boiling wise..
- 25 minutes before sauce is ready, add your potatoes to the pot. After 15 minutes, add the remaining 1/4 of your green chile, additional cilantro and cumin and simmer with lid on for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are soft. Adding your additional chiles, cilantro and cumin last allows those flavors to slowly steep into your sauce without diluting their flavors..
- This sauce is meant to have a slight viscosity or thickness to it. Enough to stick to a tortilla or a chip but be poured over burritos, etc. Your potatoes may have tightened your sauce up in the end but if not, mix your 2 tablespoons corn starch and 2 tablespoons water and add 1/2 of it to your simmering pot. Your sauce should thicken up within a minute at a higher simmer. If you'd like it even thicker, add the rest of your corn starch mixture..
- If your Verde tastes as though it has too high of an acidic taste from your Tomatillos, just add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda to your simmering sauce. Your sauce will foam up a bit but don't worry. It'll go right back down. Taste test and add 1/4 teaspoon more until the acid has subsided..
- Serve immediately or allow to simmer on low on the stove for a few hours. Enjoy!.
- Chile Verde with shredded chicken option pictured..
- Smothered Chicken Tacos pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344608-mikes-smothered-soft-chicken-tacos.
- Smothered Pork Burritos pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353608-mikes-easy-cheesy-fried-burritos.
- Smothered Hamburger [The Slopper] pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354259-mikes-new-mexico-slopper.
- Smothered Hangover Hash pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347731-mikes-green-chile-hangover-hash.
- Smothered Green Chile Chicken Chimichanga pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363704-mikes-green-chile-chicken-chimmies.
- Smothered Green Chile Enchiladas De Cilantro pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347569-mikes-green-chile-enchiladas-de-cilantro.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food mike's easy chile verde sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!