Ox Tail Soup.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, ox tail soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ox Tail Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Ox Tail Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ox tail soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ox Tail Soup:
- Prepare 6-8 lb of ox tails.
- Make ready 2 of onions, whole.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic.
- Get 3 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 3 cans of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of barley (not "instant" barley").
- Take 2 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Take 10 stalks of celery, sliced.
- Make ready 2 of large onions, diced.
- Take 5 cups of cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
Instructions to make Ox Tail Soup:
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food ox tail soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!