Mike's Green Chile Stew.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mike's green chile stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Green Chile Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Mike's Green Chile Stew is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's green chile stew using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Green Chile Stew:
- Prepare of Green Chili Stew.
- Take of Lean Hamburger Meat (or pork, beef or chicken).
- Get of Bucket Frozen Hatch Green Chile (die hards put in 2+ lbs).
- Take of Beef Broth.
- Prepare of Celery Stalks With Leaves (diced).
- Take of Garlic Bulb (finely minced).
- Make ready of Fresh Parsley (chopoed).
- Take of Green Tomatoes (crushed).
- Take of Fresh Tomato (diced or 1 can Rotell).
- Make ready of Fresh Jalapeños (finely diced).
- Make ready of Onions (diced).
- Take of Bunch Cilantro (chopped. reserve 1 handful for end of simmer).
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- Take of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Get of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Take of Dried Basil.
- Get of Black Pepper.
- Take of Onion Powder.
- Get of Mexican Oregano [or less since this spice has a powerful taste].
- Prepare of Bay Leaf.
- Get of Idaho Potatoes (diced).
- Take of Roasted, Peeled And De-Seeded Hatch Green Chili's.
- Take of Fresh Flour Tortillas.
Instructions to make Mike's Green Chile Stew:
- In a large pot, add everything except for the 8 Roasted Hatch Peppers, Potatoes and Hamburger. Boil for approximately 45 minutes. You may not need all 3 boxes of beef broth..
- Fry hamburger meat in a separate pan. Leave hamburger in larger chunks. Drain if necessary. Place in pot with vegetables..
- Once vegetables are getting semi soft, add diced potatoes..
- Boil an additional 30 minutes..
- In the last 15 minutes of simmering, add your 8 Roasted Hatch Green Chili's (peeled and de-seeded) and your remaining Cilantro to the simmering pot..
- Some of the flavors in your spices can deplete with long simmer times. With this, I taste test to see if I need more Cumin or Italian Seasoning just prior to serving. I also add Garlic and Onion Powder as well but that's totally up to you. ;0).
- Since you're using green tomatoes, your stew may taste too acidic. Instead of adding sugar to remedy the acid, add 1/4 tsp Baking Soda to your boiling pot and mix in. Be careful since the sodas reaction will cause your stew to foam up and possibly over momentarily if pot is filled too high. Repeat 1/4 tsp at a time until you're pleased with the acidity level. A general rule of thumb is 1/4 tsp Baking Soda per every 6 Tomatillos or Red Tomatoes..
- Serve hot with warm flour Tortillas. The Tortillas are meant to tear and dip into your stew..
- Authors Note: This recipe containing hamburger meat is the cheapest version of this dish and it's quite common for larger families with compromised incomes here in New Mexico. You can make this stew with pork shoulder 1" cubes or sirloin cuts. Even chicken is an option. However, if you do choose pork or beef cuts, your stew will require at least 2 hours simmer time. You will also want to lightly season flour your meat with the spices already listed above and brown it with your garlic and onions. Then place them in your broth and additions..
- If you're interested in purchasing Hatch Green Chile's, Google, "Hatch, NM Green or Red Chile's for sale.".
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mike's green chile stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!