Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mike's green chile chicken taquitos. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's green chile chicken taquitos using 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos:
- Make ready of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare of Boneless Chicken Breasts [trim fat].
- Take of 32 oz Chicken Broth [+ water as needed].
- Prepare of Taquito Seasonings.
- Get of 16 oz Bucket Bueno Hot Hatch Green Chiles [reserve 4 tablespoons – do not drain & discard juices].
- Prepare of 8 oz Bag Mexican 4 Cheese Blend [plus reserves to top while baking].
- Take of Ground Cumin.
- Get of Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Wrapping.
- Prepare of 6" Or 4" Fluffy Flour Tortillas [your choice but room temp].
- Prepare of Dip Options.
- Take of 10 oz Green Enchilada Sauce [+ 4 tablespoons reserved, drained green chiles].
- Take of Red Salsa.
- Take of Green Salsa.
- Make ready of Guacamole.
- Get of Sour Cream.
- Make ready of Equipment.
- Take of Pam Spray.
- Get of Boiling Pot.
- Prepare of Cookie Sheet.
- Take of Tinfoil.
- Take of Toothpicks.
- Get of Tongs.
Instructions to make Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos:
- Here's about all you'll need..
- Rinse breasts and trim fat..
- Add 32 oz box Chicken Broth to a pot and add chicken breasts. Add additional water to fully cover breasts if needed. Cover and boil on high until breasts are fully cooked. Add additional water as needed during boil time..
- At about 35 minutes boiling time, peirce the thickest part of your largest chicken breast with a knife. If it's fluids run pink, boil longer. Clear? You're good to go!.
- Pull breasts from pot with tongs and allow to cool slightly, but not totally. You'll want that moisture in your heated chicken upon mixing in your dried seasonings..
- Finely shread chicken breasts with 2 forks in a large bowl. Discard any fat or anything unsightly..
- ° Add everything in the Taquito Seasonings section – except for reserves and 4 tablespoons of your 16 oz bucket Bueno Green Hatch Chile – and mix well. Drain fluids but, definitely reserve them. You'll need all of that delicious roasted green chile moisture in your shredded chicken mixture. But, not in your upcoming easy enchilada sauce. If, you choose to make that. ° If choosing NOT to make the enchilada sauce dip, add all chiles and chile fluids to your chicken mixture and mix well..
- Place seasoned shreadded chicken in your tortillas. Tightly roll up these tortillas as you'll want them moist upon service. Pin with 1 toothpick. As pictured in photo #2 below..
- ° Place taquitos on a lightly sprayed foil lined cookie sheet. I'll also pack my remaining chicken mixture to the empty ends of my taquitos. See comparable pictures below. ° Add shreadded cheese to the tops. Garnish with dried Cilantro and Chives if you'd like. ° Since your chicken mixture is already cooked, bake taquitos at 350° until tortillas are crispy and browned and cheese is melted. About 25 – 30 minutes. ° Bake on a lifted rack if not serving immediately. They'll be crisper. Especially on the bottoms..
- If you'd like a less crispy baked taquito, lightly brush a cilantro infused or plain olive oil on the tops of your taquitos, place cheese on top, then bake..
- IMPORTANT NOTE! Pull all toothpicks after baking or frying..
- Add your 4 tablespoons Bueno Green Chile to your two 10 oz cans of green enchilada sauce and heat. Use this as an easy, delicious dip option. Or, just follow this easy recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349604-mikes-1-minute-green-chile-enchilada-sauce.
- ° Personally, the most of us here prefer these taquitos without any side condiments whatsoever. The intense flavor of the chicken and broth, Hatch Chiles and Cumin are plenty enough flavor on their own. ° However, serve your taquitos immediately from your oven with chilled sour cream, salsa, guacamole and, your warmed green chili enchilada sauce to the side. Know that options are always appreciated by your guests! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345482-mikes-fiesta-guacamole.
- If choosing to deep fry your spicy shredded chicken taquitos, follow the exact same recipe directions. But, instead of baking, place 2" inches of vegetable oil in a large pan and fry them for about 2 minutes. Or, until taquitos are crispy and golden brown. Flip taquitos once during fry time then, drain well on absorbant paper towels..
- The best way I know to reheat these. A Toast-R-Oven. The tortillas will crisp right back up and the chicken will be just as juicy..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mike's green chile chicken taquitos recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!