Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, strawberry swiss roll cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook strawberry swiss roll cake using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake:
- Make ready of 🍰 Cake.
- Get 4 of egg yolks (about 75 g).
- Prepare 35 g of granulated white sugar, for yolks.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) whole milk.
- Prepare 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) vegetable oil.
- Get 72 g of cake flour, sifted.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Take 4 of egg whites (about 145 g).
- Make ready 56 g of granulated white sugar, for egg whites.
- Take of 🍓 Filling.
- Prepare 9 of fresh strawberries, stems removed.
- Make ready 180 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of granulated white sugar, adjust to taste.
Instructions to make Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake:
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper hanging out the sides. I used 9.5"x 14.5" (24cm x 37cm) baking tray..
- Separate egg whites from yolks into different bowls. Wipe the bowl for egg whites with white vinegar to get rid of grease and residue. Egg whites containing broken yolk will also not beat properly..
- Add sugar into the bowl of yolks and mix using a hand whisk. Add in vanilla, milk, and oil. Mix again. Then mix in sifted flour and salt until combined. Set aside..
- Using a mixer, beat egg white until foamy. Once the bubbles become small and tightened, gradually add sugar with the mixer running. Beat until stiff peak..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture. Mix with a whisk until combined..
- Pour the yolk mixture into the leftover meringue. Switching to a silicone spatula, quickly but gently fold the mixture to combine. To preserve the airiness of this cake, do not overmix it..
- Pour the batter into prepared tray. Spread it evenly with a scraper. Then tap two times onto the counter to release little air bubbles..
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove their stems. Wipe dry and set aside in the fridge..
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, remove it from the pan onto a counter or cooling rack. Peel off the paper around the edges. Let it cool to room temperature..
- In a big bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peak..
- Cover the cake with a parchment paper, then flip it over. Carefully peel off the bottom paper. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream, then line the strawberries horizontally..
- Spread the leftover whipped cream against the strawberries. Then holding the bottom paper, roll the cake over. Tuck as needed to tighten the rolling..
- Wrap it with the paper and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Unwrap the cake. For a nice clean cut, dip the knife into hot water and wipe it dry. Then trim off the edge and slice the cake. Heat and wipe the knife before every cut..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food strawberry swiss roll cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!