Mum’s Irish Apple cake. This classic Irish Apple Cake may seem humble but it is a diamond in the rough. Somewhere a cross between an American coffee cake and an apple pie, this cake is one of my mum's best Irish recipes. I am so happy to share this with you as I know it will be an instant family favorite.
I'm at home in Ireland, so I thought I'd cook with my mum in our family kitchen. We're making the very first dessert we baked together: a traditional Irish Apple Crumble. Irish Apple Cake with Custard Sauce – Cooking Classy.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mum’s irish apple cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This classic Irish Apple Cake may seem humble but it is a diamond in the rough. Somewhere a cross between an American coffee cake and an apple pie, this cake is one of my mum's best Irish recipes. I am so happy to share this with you as I know it will be an instant family favorite.
Mum’s Irish Apple cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Mum’s Irish Apple cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mum’s irish apple cake using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mum’s Irish Apple cake:
- Make ready of For the strudel topping.
- Take 3/4 cup of flour.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of oats.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 6 tablespoon of cold butter.
- Make ready of Cake part.
- Get 1/2 cup of butter.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Get 2 of large eggs.
- Get 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 3 tablespoon of milk.
- Prepare 3 of Granny Smith Apple peeled and thinly sliced.
I want to keep this Irish apple cake all to myself.it is just that good! Irish apple cake, or sometimes called a Kerry apple cake,is a wonderful dessert. It is light and moist with a beautiful sweetness that the apples make. Kerry Apple Cake, also known as Irish Apple Cake, is a moist cake with a crunchy top, and can be served cold or warm with chilled cream or custard.
Steps to make Mum’s Irish Apple cake:
- Pre heat over 350.
- For streusel mix everything but butter, then with your hand squeeze butter in mix until it gets crumble like set aside.
- For cake cream butter sugar together until fluffy add vanilla then eggs one by one.
- Separate bowl add flour baking powder cinnamon and salt fold into wet ingredients add milk.
- Put into a buttered 9 inch pan. Lay sliced apples evenly cover with streusel topping bake for 60 minutes or brown and crisp let cool serve with dusting of powdered sugar.
I want to keep this Irish apple cake all to myself…it is just that good! It's everything you'd imagine it to be and more. It's not overly sweet like many cakes can be, it has just a nice depth of sweetness which pairs well with slight tartness of the granny smith apples leaving them room to shine. This Irish apple cake is like a spice cake with the extra addition of juicey apples! In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mum’s irish apple cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!