Glazed lemon cake. Gradually beat in soda just until blended. This review is for the GLAZE ONLY. I really love what adding butter to glazes does for them — so decadent!
You'll love the bright lemon flavour, that it's so beautifully moist and only requires one bowl and a whisk! Finished with a lemon glaze, this is a simple cake that you can whip up on short notice. Yoghurt keeps the cake moist so it lasts for days and days! – Glazed Lemon Pound Cake can be baked in loaves.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, glazed lemon cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Glazed lemon cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Glazed lemon cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Gradually beat in soda just until blended. This review is for the GLAZE ONLY. I really love what adding butter to glazes does for them — so decadent!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have glazed lemon cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed lemon cake:
- Get 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 cup of white sugar.
- Take 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of greek yoghurt.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Get 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Make ready of Glaze.
- Get 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Get 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Place confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup; stir in lemon juice (glaze should be thick, yet pourable). Add more sugar or lemon juice, as necessary, to achieve desired consistency. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water and oil. For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and the lemon juice in a bowl, mixing with a wire whisk until smooth.
Instructions to make Glazed lemon cake:
- Preheat the oven to 162 degrees celsius. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder..
- Beat the sugar with the softened butter until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice..
- Combine the flour mixture and greek yoghurt into the wet ingredients, alternating between the two..
- Line a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan with a baking sheet, or greased aluminum foil. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth the top..
- Bake at 162 degrees celsius for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- If the top of the cake browns before the inside is cooked, cover the top tightly with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, checking in between..
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges, and lift it out of the pan using the foil or baking sheet. Place it on a wire rack to cool..
- Make the glaze: Sift half a cup of icing sugar into a bowl, and mix in 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour the glaze over the cake while it's still warm..
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing..
Pour over the tops of the cakes and allow the glaze to drizzle down the sides. Combine – Combine butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth.; Warm and Drizzle – Once your cake, cookies or bread have cool completely, warm the glaze and drizzle over the top of the cake or bread!; You can also use a bowl to dip the top of muffins in the sweet glaze. This glaze recipe is so flexible, because you can thin it out or. The recipe is so easy and basic it has become my go-to glaze for Glazed Lemon Pound Cake and makes a great finishing touch. This icing recipe is just so simple.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food glazed lemon cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!