Thieboudienne. Want to try VPA Preworkout powder? Elevate your next workout with VPA Pre-Workout. Quality Discount Equipment, Ultimate Workout at Home, Build & Tone Muscles Fast & Easy!
For the stuffing, process all the ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. This can also be done in a mortar and pestle. Cut the fish into thick cutlets, reserving the head.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, thieboudienne. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Want to try VPA Preworkout powder? Elevate your next workout with VPA Pre-Workout. Quality Discount Equipment, Ultimate Workout at Home, Build & Tone Muscles Fast & Easy!
Thieboudienne is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Thieboudienne is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have thieboudienne using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Thieboudienne:
- Take of 1 1/2 cups rice broken rice.
- Prepare of 4 Large pieces white fish snapper or grouper.
- Get of 3 tomatoes mashed.
- Get of 3 Ttablespoons tomato paste.
- Prepare of 1 bunch parsley crushed.
- Get of 1 large Carrot peeled and cut into medium pieces.
- Take of 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped into large chunks.
- Take of 1 large onion chopped.
- Take of 4 cloves garlic finely chopped (divided).
- Make ready of 1 small eggplant sliced.
- Take of 1 small cabbage cut into 4 pieces.
- Get of 1/2 cup peanut oil.
- Make ready of 2 Maggi cubes.
- Get of 1 Tablespoon nététou.
- Get of 2 Tablespoons smoked fish shredded or ground.
- Prepare of 2 habanero peppers de-seeded and diced..
- Make ready of 1 Tablespoon black pepper.
- Get of salt to taste.
- Make ready of 4 okra.
- Make ready of 6 cups hot water.
Using a small sharp knife, make a few deep in each piece of fish and push the stuffing into each slit. Senegalese thieboudienne is also known in other African countries under the name of "riz au gras" in Côte d'Ivoire or Guinea but also under the name of jollof rice in Nigeria, Mali and Ghana. Thieboudienne literally translated means the rice of fish in the Wolof language in Senegal. The name hardly does the dish justice.
Steps to make Thieboudienne:
- Prepare the stuffing or puree/marinade for fish : In a food processor or mortar and pestle blend or crush the parsley, half the garlic, 1 Maggi cube, plus a little salt and pepper to taste and a spoon of oil..
- Cut slits if in the flesh of the fish and stuff the puree inside or slather the fillets with the puree and refrigerate for a couple of hours. (Reserve leftover puree) Make the tomato sauce..
- Heat the oil to medium high and add the onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, the black pepper and remaining garlic. Then fry for 15 minutes..
- Add the stuffed or marinated fish into the tomato sauce..
- Add the Maggi cube, bay leaves, nététou, smoked fish, habaneros and 1 cup of water..
- Simmer until the fish pieces are cooked through, about 15 minutes..
- Remove the fish and add vegetables Remove the fish pieces and add all the vegetables except okra with 1 cup of water and cook the vegetables until they are cooked approximately 25-30 minutes..
- You must ensure that the vegetables are tender before removing them, but take care to not overcook them. Then remove the vegetables and add the okra with water. Cook for 5 minutes more than remove the okra.
- Cooking the Rice Cook the rice over low heat, stir often and cook until tender..
Thieboudienne is considered to be the national dish of Senegal and for good reason, it is bursting with layers of excellent flavor. Just one of the reasons Senegalese cuisine is known around the world as delicious. Remove and discard fish heads and tails, then cut each fish in half. Using a paring knife, make small slits in skin, then rub with parsley mixture. Thieboudienne is the national dish of Senegal, an aromatic combination of fish, vegetables, and rice in a hearty tomato sauce flavored with garlic and chili.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food thieboudienne recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!