Jollof rice plantains and salad. Thank you all my beautiful subscribers, you all are amazing people. Today's recipe is all about Jollof rice, hope you find it interesting. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains.
Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve the joffol with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, jollof rice plantains and salad. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Thank you all my beautiful subscribers, you all are amazing people. Today's recipe is all about Jollof rice, hope you find it interesting. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains.
Jollof rice plantains and salad is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Jollof rice plantains and salad is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have jollof rice plantains and salad using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jollof rice plantains and salad:
- Prepare of Rice.
- Take of Plantains.
- Get of chicken cut into bits.
- Make ready of onions.
- Get of Salt.
- Make ready of Lettuce.
- Take of knorr original and chicken.
- Make ready of medium sized cucumbers.
- Make ready of medium sized carrots.
- Get of big Green pepper bulbs.
- Prepare of spring onions.
- Make ready of small paint bucket of tomatoes.
- Make ready of bell pepper.
- Prepare of Hotdog.
I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there (not being biased, just stating facts LOL). Serve the rice with the plantain and coriander scattered over and a green salad on the side. Tip If you are vegetarian, replace the chicken stock with. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal.
Steps to make Jollof rice plantains and salad:
- Wash chicken.
- Add thyme curry knorr cubes and salt onion.
- Boil till tender then fry.
- Grind your tomatoes pepper and onion and perboil it.
- Cut your plaintains and fry.
- Wash and cut your salad ingredients.
- Get your hotdog and cut into bits with your mixed vegetables.
- Perboil your white rice, wash then drain, put groundnut oil in your pot, fry your greenpeas, and mixed vegetables, onions, pepper and tomatoes, add white rice and then allow to boil, turning with a wooden spoon.
- Serve rice with either fried plantains or salad.
It is a very versatile dish, and it is usually made from. Jollof rice is one of the most common West African dishes eaten in the regions of Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, Gambia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast. Jollof rice and fried plantains Matt Taylor-Gross. SAVEUR kitchen assistant Yewande Komolafe, a native of Lagos, Nigeria, gave us her family's recipe for this celebratory rice dish. West African food: Jollof rice, plantain, and chicken.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jollof rice plantains and salad recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!