Homemade Lime Rum Cake.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, homemade lime rum cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Homemade Lime Rum Cake is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Homemade Lime Rum Cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook homemade lime rum cake using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Lime Rum Cake:
- Make ready of Cake.
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Get 3.5 oz of instant vanilla pudding.
- Make ready 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Make ready 1 stick of unsalted butter softened.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Take 1/2 cup of milk room temp.
- Take 4 of eggs.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of rum (I used bacardi lime).
- Get 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Make ready of Cooking spray.
- Take of Rum soak.
- Make ready 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Take 1/2 cup of rum.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Take 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Take 3 tbsp of lime juice.
Instructions to make Homemade Lime Rum Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°; Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- For the CAKE: In a bowl mix flour, sugar, pudding, baking powder, salt, butter, and canola oil until batter has a sand consistency; Add in milk and eggs until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan; Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; Then let cake cool slightly.
- For RUM SOAK: Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and rum in a sauce pan; Bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Transfer syrup into bowl and add vanilla and lime juice.
- With a skewer poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour syrup all over the cake small amounts at a time allowing the syrup to soak in between pours.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake sit for AT LEAST 8 HOURS; Transfer onto cake plate.
- For LIME GLAZE: Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food homemade lime rum cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!