Sweet 'n Sour Grouper Fish. First of all, let's talk about which fishes are more suited for a dish like sweet and sour fish. You might already have your favourites. If these fishes have little to mild flavours and have firm flesh, then these should work quite well.
Basically Lapu-lapu Escabeche Recipe is made by deep frying a whole fish of Lapu-lapu or Red grouper fish or any kind of meaty fish, and topping with sweet and sour sauce with vegetables. This sweet and sour fish recipe has three components, frying the fish, preparing the vegetables, and making the sauce. The recipe uses lapu-lapu or grouper, but any firm-fleshed fish such as tilapia, red snapper (Maya Maya), tanigue, pampano, apahap, or talikitok will work.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sweet 'n sour grouper fish. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
First of all, let's talk about which fishes are more suited for a dish like sweet and sour fish. You might already have your favourites. If these fishes have little to mild flavours and have firm flesh, then these should work quite well.
Sweet 'n Sour Grouper Fish is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Sweet 'n Sour Grouper Fish is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sweet 'n sour grouper fish using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet 'n Sour Grouper Fish:
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 300 grams of grouper fish.
- Get 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Make ready 20 grams of Ginger (Julienned).
- Prepare 20 grams of Carrots (Julienned).
- Get 20 grams of Turnips (Julienned).
- Get 2 pcs of Bell Pepper (Julienned).
- Take of (use green for color contrast with turnip and carrot 🙂 ).
- Take 1 head of Onion (Julienned).
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Cornstarch.
- Take 3 Pinch of Pepper.
- Make ready 2 Tablespoon of Fish Sauce.
- Make ready 1 cup of water.
- Get to taste of Salt.
In a pan or wok, heat a small amount of oil and saute onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and pineapple. Add the sweet & sour mixture and cook until sauce has thickened. Sweet and sour fish can be prepared using either fish fillet or whole fish. Grouper (also known as lapu-lapu in the Philippines) is the type of fish commonly used to make this dish.
Instructions to make Sweet 'n Sour Grouper Fish:
- Set in medium fire.For initial frying, position the fish where its belly is in contact with the bottom of the pan,fry by pouring the oil all over the fish until light golden yellow, set aside..
- For the sauce. In a pan,put the vinegar,sugar and 1/2 cup of water,set the fire in low while constantly stirring until all sugar is dissolve and the ginger is cooked..
- Put in the rest of the ingredients,except the cornstarch..
- Cook in medium fire for 1min while stirring continously to avoid burning of the sauce in the bottom of the pan..
- Pour the cornstarch dissolved in a half cup of water,.
- Simmer for another 1min..
- Put the fish on a serving plate,pour the sauce all over it and its done!.
- (For some whom likes their sauce sauted) sauté the ginger,3 cloves of minced garlic before doing the steps 1-7. ;).
I am using tilapia for this recipe because it is also reasonably priced and it can be easily sourced almost anywhere in the world. How to Cook Sweet and Sour Tilapia My version of sweet and sour fish doesn't involve deep-frying. Here is what you need to do: Use kitchen paper to dry the fish completely. Coat it with a thin layer of corn starch. It's done when both sides become golden.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sweet 'n sour grouper fish recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!