Very fruity Irish tea cake. Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee Full Range Shipped Aust-wide Daily Enjoy our range of quality tea blends, ethically sourced from around the world. Very Fruity Irish Tea Cake There are many versions of this and the type of tea used varies from what I call common tea to… you name it. But more importantly we have crammed in as much fruit as we could.
There is no kneading, no yeasts – it's an easy tea cake that tastes delicious. Actually it is hard to say whether it is a cake or bread. You can now watch how to make Very Fruity Irish Tea Cake in our Cookery School Perfect Cakes term – Food Recipes Dessert Recipes Cake Recipes Orange Bread Recipe Homemade Desserts Baking Tea Cakes Tea Cakes Recipes.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, very fruity irish tea cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Very fruity Irish tea cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Very fruity Irish tea cake is something that I have loved my whole life.
Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee Full Range Shipped Aust-wide Daily Enjoy our range of quality tea blends, ethically sourced from around the world. Very Fruity Irish Tea Cake There are many versions of this and the type of tea used varies from what I call common tea to… you name it. But more importantly we have crammed in as much fruit as we could.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook very fruity irish tea cake using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Very fruity Irish tea cake:
- Prepare of pre-soaking.
- Take 110 grams of raisins.
- Prepare 110 grams of currants.
- Prepare 110 grams of sultanas.
- Make ready 50 grams of chopped candied peel.
- Make ready 50 grams of demerara sugar.
- Prepare 150 ml of hot tea, any kind.
- Take of cake.
- Get 50 grams of pecan nuts.
- Make ready 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 225 grams of self-raising flour.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of milk.
This is a simple butter cake that is great with tea or coffee. Easy to make, pretty and very delicious. Delia's Very Fruity Irish Tea Cake recipe. There are many versions of this and the type of tea used varies from what I call common tea to… you name it.
Instructions to make Very fruity Irish tea cake:
- I find its always best to start this the night before. All you do is place the fruits and Peel in a bowl, then dissolve the sugar in the the hot tea and pour this over the fruits. Then cover with a cloth and leave to soak – as the fruits absorb the tea they become plump and juicy..
- When you are ready to make the cake, preheat the oven to 170°C then place the pecans on a baking tray and pop them in the oven. Give them 8 minutes to toast but put a timer on as the burn very easily..
- After they have cooled roughly chop the nuts. Now whisk the egg and add it to the fruits along with the toasted nuts and sifted flour. Give everything a thorough mixing. Add a tablespoon of milk and if the mixture still feels stiff, stir in another. Spoon the mixture into a prepared loaf tin and level with the back of a spoon. Bake on the lower shelf of the oven for 1 hour 10 minutes until it feels springy in the center..
- When it comes out of the oven turn it out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve it cut in thick slices spread generously with butter..
But more importantly we have crammed in as much fruit as we could. Thus it keeps very moist and, later on, toasts beautifully. To make Irish Tea Cake, combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Next, add the cubes of very cold butter and, using your fingertips, rub them into the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal. This step leads to a "shorter" bread which minimizes the breakdown of gluten, so you wind up with a more tender result.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food very fruity irish tea cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!