Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lamb Tagine recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lamb Tagine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb Tagine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, test out a few of these.
Build a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these foods are loaded with magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein source.
So you see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb tagine recipe. You can have lamb tagine using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lamb Tagine:
- Provide 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion finely diced.
- Get 2 of carrots finely diced.
- Use 500 g of leg or neck of lamb.
- Take 2 of fat cloves garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cummin.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/4 tsp of saffron.
- You need 1 tbs of clear honey.
- Prepare 100 g of soft dried apricots, sliced.
- Use 1 of vegetable stock cube.
Instructions to make Lamb Tagine:
- Prepare ingedients. I discovered I had no saffron so substituted a star anise. And used a Knorr stock pot instead of a veg cube..
- Using a heavy bottomed pan or casserole heat the oil and add the onions and carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes to soften..
- Add the meat to the pan and brown the cubes thoroughly..
- Add the spices and chopped garlic and stir to coat the meat. Cook for a few minutes to release the flavours..
- Add the honey and apricots and stir..
- Now add the stock cube and about 500ml boiling water to cover the meat.
- Cover and simmer for an hour. Remove lid and cook gently a further 30 minutes..
- At this stage the dish can be cooled or frozen until you want to serve it..
- To serve choose two (or more!) of the following: couscous, diced sweet potatoes boiled or roasted butternut squash, diced or roasted boiled white or brown rice, green salad.
- Reheat the tagine carefully and scatter chopped parsley and/or roasted pine nuts before taking to the table. This time I served with spinach which was waiting in fridge for a good monent..
Stir the remaining onions into the tagine, and taste for seasoning. This lamb tagine gets its vibrancy from spices like cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and cardamom. You don't need a tagine, a conical earthenware pot typically from Morocco, to make this warming, fragrant. Lamb Shank Tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish that's very popular throughout North Africa. The lamb is very succulent and full of spices – a trademark of the Moroccan cuisine.
If you find this Lamb Tagine recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.