Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake. Soaking the fruit for a good six weeks before we even bake the cake. If you're Christmas crazy like I am you won't mind one bit starting early. Six weeks soaking and you will have the most fab fruit to make your Christmas cake with, I'll be back of course with a reminder on how to do it but the recipe.
Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! Juice and/or booze – for a traditional boozy Christmas Cake, just. Vegan Christmas cake – a rich, moist and boozy vegan fruit cake that is perfect for the festive season.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, boozy fruit soak for your christmas cake. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Soaking the fruit for a good six weeks before we even bake the cake. If you're Christmas crazy like I am you won't mind one bit starting early. Six weeks soaking and you will have the most fab fruit to make your Christmas cake with, I'll be back of course with a reminder on how to do it but the recipe.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook boozy fruit soak for your christmas cake using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake:
- Take 2 cups of Chopped dried fruit and nut of your choice.
- Get 1 cup of dark rum.
Eat right away or make in advance and feed The fruit can be left to soak for up to a week – I gave mine three days. The boozy fruit is stirred into a thick batter made flavourful with dark brown. This Boozy Christmas Cake is AMAZING. It's a sweet rum cake filled with my homemade tutti frutti, golden raisins, pistachios and dates.
Instructions to make Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake:
- Finely chop up the dried fruits and nuts..
- In a clean, dry glass or ceramic jar, add the chopped dry fruits and nuts and the rum. Mix well together with a wooden spoon..
- Seal the jar with a lid and keep in a cool, dry place away from sunlight..
- Every two or three days, give the fruit a mix and add about ¼ cup more rum if it looks too dry..
- You can throw in any dried fruit of your choice. I used dates, sultanas, a mixture of golden and black raisins, dried figs, dried apricot, and cashew. Candied Ginger and Orange are quite often added to the traditional cakes, but these don't favor my palate and hence I have left it out. Feel free to add in case you like these flavors..
- I have soaked Cashew along with the dried fruit. You really don't need to. If you like your nuts crisp, chop them and add along with an assortment of other nuts directly into your cake batter..
- You can also use Whiskey, Brandy, or good quality Port or Sherry to replace the rum used in the recipe..
- If you are looking at an alcohol-free version of cake, you can soak the dried fruit and nut in freshly squeezed orange juice. But please remember that such a cake will have a short shelf life as opposed to the cake containing alcohol soaked fruits..
- Please remember to use only glass or ceramic jars to soak the fruits. Metallic or plastic containers may not be your best choice as the alcohol may react with the metal or plastic which could be harmful..
Fruit cake has such a bad rep, which is why I'm calling this Boozy Christmas Cake instead. That just sounds so much better, doesn't it? Cake: Beat the butter, sugar, mixed spice and chilli together until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ground almonds then gently mix into the butter mixture.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food boozy fruit soak for your christmas cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!