Light Fruit Cake.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, light fruit cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Light Fruit Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Light Fruit Cake is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have light fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Light Fruit Cake:
- Prepare 3/4 cup (120 grams) of candied mixed peel.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 grams) of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- Take 1/3 cup (40 grams) of dark raisins.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Take 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, room temperature.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract.
- Get 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- Take 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Take 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Get of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Get 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Get of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
Instructions to make Light Fruit Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 – 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food light fruit cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!