Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Vitality.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A little bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
One of the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the greatest idea. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich supply of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Fast hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon recipe. You can cook shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon:
- Take 3 cups of water.
- Use 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of butter.
- Get 1 cup of roasted maize rava/grits.
- Prepare to taste of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Take 2 handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use of chopped crispy bacon.
- You need 500-1 kg of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Take 1 of chopped medium onion.
- Use 3 Tablespoons of chopped red pepper.
- Provide 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped green onions/scallions.
Steps to make Shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon:
- Bring the water, butter, and milk to a boil..
- Stir in your maize/grits and turn down the temperature to medium low..
- Add your salt and pepper to taste stirring until it absorbs the water for 10-15 minutes. If it's too thick add water or milk it will look like porridge..
- Remove the grits and stir in your cheese. (set aside covered).
- On medium heat cook the bacon until crispy. Leave the bacon grease in the pan..
- On medium heat add onions, red peppers and garlic in the bacon grease and cook until soft..
- Add in your shrimp with seasonings and stir until the shrimp turns pink. Try not to overcook the shrimp or they become rubbery..
- Place the grits in a bowl or plate and pour the shrimp mixture on top. Garnished with green onions and bacon..
- Recipe notes: Use any cheese you like. Add in your own seasonings to taste. For a creamier texture use milk instead of water..
Obviously, this shrimp and grits dish with bacon is very good and we want to eat it all the time. It's crazy how all your life you assume pimiento cheese is only for spreading on Ritz crackers and then one day realize it can be a regular part of your diet, whether your. We think this combo of BBQ bacon-wrapped shrimp and grits is the best. Try out some flavors of the South with BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp & Cheesy Grits! Brush the shrimp with oil, season with salt and pepper and dust with barbecue spice mix.
If you find this Shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.