Boneless Chicken Dum Biryani.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, boneless chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Boneless Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Boneless Chicken Dum Biryani is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have boneless chicken dum biryani using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Boneless Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Make ready 600 gm of boneless and skinless Chicken.
- Prepare 800 gm of long grain Basmati rice.
- Take 2 cup of Yoghurt/homemade Curd.
- Make ready 3 of big Onion thinly sliced for deep frying.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Ginger-garlic paste.
- Take 2 tablespoon of homemade Garam masala powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder (you can also use curry powder).
- Get 1 teaspoon of red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- Take 3 of fresh green Chillies.
- Take 1 handful of Coriander leaves.
- Make ready handful of mint leaves.
- Make ready 2 tablespoon of Ghee.
- Prepare 5-6 of Saffron strands.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of warm Milk to soak saffron strands.
- Make ready 2 of dalchini/cinnamon stick.
- Make ready 6 of green Cardamom.
- Take 1 of black Cardamom (for Chicken).
- Get 2-3 of Cloves(for Rice).
- Get 1 cup of vegetable Oil to deep fry the onions.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2-3 drops of Biryani essence.
Steps to make Boneless Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Clean, rinse and soak basmati rice with water for about an hour..
- Cut boneless chicken into small bite side pieces..
- Cut onions into long thin strips. Be sure that the slices should be uniform otherwise onions won’t be fried uniformly..
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep yok or kadhai and fry onions in medium heat until light golden brown..
- Soak saffron in warm milk for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Take chicken pieces into a bowl. Mix with 1teaspoon lemon juice and ginger-garlic paste. Then add in 2 cups of beaten yoghurt, all the powdered spices, 1 stick cinnamon, 3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, chopped coriander-mint leaves, chopped green chillies and salt..
- Add in salt and mix everything well with the chicken pieces. Crush half of the fried onion and add into the chicken. Mix well again..
- Also add in 2 tablespoon of ghee and mix..
- Note that chicken pieces should completely coat with the spicy yoghurt mixture. So be generous to add in yoghurt. If you feel that chicken pieces are not covered completely with the mixture, add more yoghurt. Cover and keep aside for at least 2 hours for marination..
- Heat sufficient water in a big saucepan to cook the rice. Add in 1 tablespoon of salt and rest of the whole garam masala like cinnamon stick, green cardamom and cloves. Also, add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. When water starts boiling add in the rice..
- Cook in high heat until the rice cooks almost 70%..
- In the meantime, transfer the marinated chicken with yoghurt mixture to a heavy bottomed broad saucepan. Place in the stove top with medium heat..
- With a perforated spoon transfer half of the 70% cooked rice over the chicken and spread uniformly..
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ghee, 1-2 teaspoon of saffron milk,some mint+coriander leaves, some fried onions and 1 drop of biriyani essence..
- Now spread the rest of the rice (drained) over the 1st layer and sprinkle herbs, fried onions, saffron milk, ghee and essence as before. Cover with an aluminum foil..
- Put on the lid to seal completely so that steam won’t come out. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 20 minutes. This is the process of dum. The meat and rice will cook on the steam produced..
- After 20 minutes remove the lid and foil. Biryani is ready now. Carefully fluf the rice along with the chicken below with a flat spatula. You will be delighted by the flavour emits from the biryani..
- Transfer to serving bowl, serve with some spicy yoghurt or any kind of meat curry. I served with some spicy yoghurt..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food boneless chicken dum biryani recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!