Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This Southern layer cake features a crowd-pleasing combination of banana, pineapple, and coconut. The name's origin remains something of a mystery: Some say. Of course we're using cream cheese frosting and there's toasted pecans too.
This hummingbird cake is always a hit with families or for any celebration. It's a moist cake flavored with cinnamon, pineapple, pecans, and bananas and topped with a cream cheese frosting. Butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar combine to make the most amazing frosting that pairs perfectly with the exotic flavours of the Hummingbird Cake.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, hummingbird cake with cream cheese frosting. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
This Southern layer cake features a crowd-pleasing combination of banana, pineapple, and coconut. The name's origin remains something of a mystery: Some say. Of course we're using cream cheese frosting and there's toasted pecans too.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have hummingbird cake with cream cheese frosting using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Make ready 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 8 oz of canned crushed pineapple, undrained.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Take 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- Make ready 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- Take 16 oz of powdered sugar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
The final touch for my Hummingbird Cake is a sprinkling of pecan cookie crumbs. Because Hummingbird Cake is topped with a Cream Cheese Frosting it needs to be stored in the refrigerator, as well as any other cake that has cream cheese frosting on it. Hands down this Hummingbird Cake is my favorite. Cream cheese frosting is a great way to top your cakes or cupcakes – and it doesn't get any better than this delicious and easy cream cheese icing recipe by Hummingbird Bakery.
Steps to make Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs & oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, & bananas..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Can put in 3 greased & floured 9 inch cake pans, but only bake for 23-28 minutes..
- Let cool completely before frosting..
- For frosting: cream butter & cream cheese together. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until light & fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of cake. If doing layers, spread between layers, up sides, & over top..
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup chopped pecans..
We bet everyone will ask for seconds! The best part of this simple cream cheese frosting is that you only need three. Cover the cake with the cream cheese frosting and decorate with the pineapple slices and toffee pecans. Photography by Petrina Tinslay, styling by David Morgan and art direction by Anne Marie Cummins. Hummingbird Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food hummingbird cake with cream cheese frosting recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!