Calzone. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it. No need to defrost, just add a couple minutes to your baking times.
Calzone dough for the bread machine gets rolled out and stuffed with pizza sauce, sausage and cheese. Or stuff it with whatever you like. A calzone is typically an oven-baked, folded pizza, of Neapolitan cuisine.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, calzone. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it. No need to defrost, just add a couple minutes to your baking times.
Calzone is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Calzone is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook calzone using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Calzone:
- Get 3 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 envelope of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 cup of hot water.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of oil.
- Take 2 of eggs.
- Take 1 of marinara sauce.
- Make ready 2 cup of grated cheese (Colby works best).
- Make ready 1 packages of pepperoni, Canadian bacon, hamburger, or meat of your choice.
- Make ready 1 of onion, peppers, olives, pineapple, or filling of your choice.
- Make ready 1 of egg, whisked and set aside.
Learn how to make a calzone. This folded pizza is usually shaped like a half-moon and stuffed with cheese and possibly vegetables, meat, and sauce. This homemade calzone recipe is a mixture of sausage, pepperoni and bell peppers, all baked inside pizza dough with plenty of melted cheese. See more ideas about calzone recipe, calzone, italian recipes.
Instructions to make Calzone:
- For the dough: Mix flour, salt, and yeast..
- Mix in oil, egg, and hot water. Stir until sticky but firm and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Let set 5 minutes..
- Divide dough into 4 pieces..
- Roll each piece of dough into circles approximately 1/4 inch thick..
- Add marinara, leaving 1/2-1 inch free of any sauce or filling at the edge of the dough.
- Top with ingredients of choice (pictured is pepperoni). Top this with 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Fold dough in half over the top of the ingredients so that bit looks like a half circle. Roll the edge together to seal..
- Place on baking sheet and brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
This recipe boasts a gorgeous pizza dough encasing any number of fillings. simply pick a favourite! From Italian calzone (literally "stocking, trouser"). Hyphenation: cal‧zone. (UK) IPA(key): /kæltˈsəʊni/, /kælˈzəʊni/. (US) IPA(key): /kælˈzoʊn/, /kælˈzoʊneɪ/. calzone (plural calzones or calzoni). A baked Italian turnover made of pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and other toppings. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food calzone recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!