Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fårikål, Norwegian Lamb and Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fårikål, Norwegian Lamb and Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods really do improve your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase your production of serotonin. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a great source of protein.
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try some of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fårikål, norwegian lamb and cabbage recipe. You can have fårikål, norwegian lamb and cabbage using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Fårikål, Norwegian Lamb and Cabbage:
- Provide 1-1/2 pound of leg of lamb, boneless.
- You need 3 teaspoon of black pepper corns.
- Use 2 teaspoons of salt divided.
- Get 3 pounds of cabbage.
- You need 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour divided.
- Get 2 cups of water.
- You need To taste of rosemary optional.
- Provide To taste of garlic optional.
Instructions to make Fårikål, Norwegian Lamb and Cabbage:
- Cut the cabbage into wedges. Cut the lamb into pieces. Add spices if using..
- Layer half the lamb on bottom of pot or Dutch oven. Lightly salt the lamb. Add half the cabbage..
- Sprinkle half the pepper corns and flour on top of the cabbage. Then add rest of lamb. Lightly salt..
- Add the rest of cabbage, pepper corns, flour, and pepper. Add water. Bring to rolling boil for 15 minutes, then turn to a simmer..
- Simmer covered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours covered. I checked on it every 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add a layer of cabbage, then another layer of. This lamb and cabbage or known as farikal in Norway is Norway's national dish. The Norwegian like to prepare farikal to welcome the sign of fall Farikal is prepared with only several ingredients but make no mistake, it is one of the best I've ever tasted though. The Norwegian like to include whole. Lamb and Cabbage Stew and enjoy traditional food recipes from Norway.
If you find this Fårikål, Norwegian Lamb and Cabbage recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.