Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Grannys' Beef Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Grannys' Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grannys' Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you need a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grannys' beef stew recipe. To make grannys' beef stew you only need 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Grannys' Beef Stew:
- Use 1 large of onion(chopped).
- Get 7 of Idaho potatoes.
- Take 1 can of whole green beans.
- Provide 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Get 2 tbsp of Crisco shortening.
- Take 1 of water.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of stew meat less 3 or 4 chunks.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lawery's seasoned salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour… Plain or self rising.
Steps to make Grannys' Beef Stew:
- Put the stew meat in a pot and cover with water(less 3 or 4 chunks).
- take the 3 or 4 chunks of beef and cut them into very tiny pieces.
- add the tiny pieces of beef and the seasonings to your pot and start cooking on medium low heat.
- in the meantime chop the onion and add to the pot.
- cover and simmer on medium low heat for a couple of hours.
- after a couple of hours peal your potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- add your potatoes and green beans and continue to cook on medium low.
- * note I do not brown my beef… or ever let my pot come to a rapid boil!!! this will ensure that your beef will be very tender.
- about an hour later your green beans will no longer be floating and your potatoes will be tender.
- this next step is a little complicated.
- in a skillet heat your Crisco shortening until has all melted in is rather hot.
- while your shortening is heating… mixed together your flour and cornstarch.
- slowly add your flour cornstarch mixture to the hot grease.
- brown flour…I use the bottom of a large cooking spoon to brown mine.
- as you brown the flower uncover your pot and turn the heat up… when your part is near a boil in your flower is brown slowly add the browned flower to your pot… please know that if your stock is not hot enough… it will cause your gravy to be lumpy.
- now all you have to do is sit and wait for your gravy to thicken.
- just in case you're wondering…. by cutting those 3 or 4 chunks into small pieces… it will give your stew a country style gravy.. with a little bit of Beef.
- also I'll have to variations of this recipe… sometimes I use half sweet potatoes and half Idaho potatoes….
- once when I got ready to add my potatoes I realized I didn't have any… so I added to packs of ramen noodles… it took less time of course… however I enjoyed both veriations.
If you find this Grannys' Beef Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.