Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk. Angela Dimayuga is the creative director for food and culture at the Standard hotels and a former Mission Chinese Food chef. A twist on the Philippines' most popular dish: Filipino Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk. Chicken simmered slowly in a rich, bold and tangy sauce.
Filipino, Grains And Rice, One Pot, Poultry, Soups And Stews, Chicken Drumstick, Coconut Milk, Coconut Vinegar In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium-high until shimmering. We added coconut milk to the iconic Filipinx dish, making it the most luxurious version yet. One of my favorite ways to have adobo that I didn't grow up eating is adobo infused with coconut milk.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, filipino chicken adobo simmered in coconut milk. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Angela Dimayuga is the creative director for food and culture at the Standard hotels and a former Mission Chinese Food chef. A twist on the Philippines' most popular dish: Filipino Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk. Chicken simmered slowly in a rich, bold and tangy sauce.
Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook filipino chicken adobo simmered in coconut milk using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk:
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken drumsticks or bone-in thigh meat ※ Refer to Step 7.
- Get 1/4 of of a small onion Onion.
- Make ready 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ＊ Soy sauce.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of ＊ Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ＊ Sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of ＊ Black pepper.
- Take 1 of Bay leaf (key ingredient).
- Get 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
Simmer until the coconut milk is half absorbed. Here's my collection of local and foreign recipes that have been modified to suit Filipino taste. If you want to share your own recipes, feel free to send. The coconut milk adds texture and flavor to this dish resulting in a creamier and tastier chicken adobo.
Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk:
- Roughly mince the garlic, and thinly slice the onion..
- Heat the oil, garlic, and onion in a pot or frying pan, and sauté until tender, then add the chicken and continue to sauté..
- Once the chicken cooks through about half way, add the ＊ seasoning ingredients. Fold the bay leaf in half and add it to the pan. After adding the vinegar, don't touch the pan until it comes to a boil..
- Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes to allow the meat to absorb the flavors. Although at first the amount of liquid may not appear to be enough, juice will be released from the chicken, so not to worry..
- Once the sauce becomes thick, add the coconut milk and simmer for about 1 minute, then it's done!.
- Pour the sauce over the rice before serving..
- Use thick pieces of chicken, such as chicken thigh or drumsticks. Chicken wings or other cuts of chicken are not suitable, since they don't release a sufficient amount of juice..
Scrape browned bits at the bottom of skillet and simmer uncovered until liquid has thickened and reduce in half. Filipino Chicken Adobo – the national dish of the Philipines! Filipino Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines and may well become your new favourite Asian chicken dish! Cover and continue simmering until chicken is tender. Pour coconut milk and add the chili pepper.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo simmered in coconut milk recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!