Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken).
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, thrice-cooked adobo (pork or chicken). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have thrice-cooked adobo (pork or chicken) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken):
- Take 1 of part vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of part soy sauce.
- Make ready 1-2 of Bay leaf.
- Get 1/4-1/2 of ke pork with fat cuts.
- Make ready 1/4 of ke chicken or more.
- Take 3 heads of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Take of Water or broth.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Get of Sprinkle of peppercorns.
- Make ready of Oil for shallow frying.
- Get of Options:.
- Get of Add whole boiled egg/s.
- Get of Substitute with or add Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of Add Oyster sauce.
- Take Dash of Seasoning (knorr or maggi).
Instructions to make Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken):
- In a pot in medium heat, place in pork and chicken meat, equal parts of soy sauce and vinegar (depends on the amount of your meat, it's not supposed to swim in it, just enough to flavor it. Here I used about 3-4 Tbsp), chopped garlic, peppercorns, Bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil, do not stir before that. This process cooks the vinegar..
- When it boils, check if the meat juices have come out and cover once more without stirring. Lower the heat and let it simmer some more..
- When you feel/smell that the vinegar has cooked through, you can stir so that the sauce touches all parts of the meat. Cover and let the sauce reduce to almost none, stirring once in awhile..
- After it has reduced, add water or your broth, up to almost top of the meats. Cover and reduce it to half, stirring once in a while..
- Once it has reduced, set aside and ready your frying pan with oil. Shallow fry the meat until all sides have a nice colour..
- This is a photo of the reduced juices. You'll use this again after frying. (Oops, too much peppercorns lol).
- Once done frying, pour the frying pan content into the pot with juices. Try to get everything stuck on the pan, that's flavorful, including the rendered fat oil. Stir to distribute the sauce on the meat while on low heat. Reduce it down a bit more as desired and it's ready to serve. Best served with rice!.
- Try the optional ingredients listed above. Just make sure the ratio of soy and vinegar are equal. :).
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food thrice-cooked adobo (pork or chicken) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!