Light Fruit Cake.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, light fruit cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Light Fruit Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Light Fruit Cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have light fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Light Fruit Cake:
- Get of candied mixed peel.
- Get of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- Get of dark raisins.
- Get of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Make ready of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Take of granulated white sugar.
- Take of large eggs, room temperature.
- Get of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of pure almond extract.
- Make ready of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- Take of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Get of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Make ready of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Make ready of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
Instructions to make Light Fruit Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 – 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food light fruit cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!