Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Barley Pea Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley Pea Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for you. A number of foods actually do improve your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
It’s easy to drive away your bad mood when you are eating grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really wonderful for helping boost your happiness levels. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to improve your mood. Feeling starved can really make you feel awful! These grains can improve your mood since it’s easy for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Test out these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to barley pea stew recipe. To make barley pea stew you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Barley Pea Stew:
- You need 1 of . Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- You need 2 of . Onion – 1 chopped finely.
- Take 3 of . Garlic – 2.
- You need 4 of . Lemon zest – 1 lemon and it's juice.
- You need 5 of . Barley – 100 gm.
- You need 6 of . Vegetable stock – 400 ml.
- You need 7 of . Feta cheese – 100 gm chopped.
- Prepare 8 of . Mint – 1 tbsp.
- Get 9 of . Peas – 200 gm.
- Use 10 of . Salt – pinch.
Instructions to make Barley Pea Stew:
- Heat oil in pan in medium heat add onion and garlic. Once garlic turns light brown add lemon zest and saute for another minute..
- Add rinsed barley and veg stock. Season with salt and pepper, close with lid and cook for another 30 minutes in low heat..
- Meanwhile cut cheese marinate with half of lemon juice, mint and black pepper. keep this aside..
- Now remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes with open. Now increase the heat and add peas, Half of marinated feta. Cook for another 3 minutes and check salt..
- Pour the stew in bowl and garnish with remaining marinated feta cheese serve hot..
If you find this Barley Pea Stew recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.