Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup. Divide chicken and soup among bowls and top with sour cream, cilantro and tortilla strips. If using, top with pickled onions and serve with lime wedges. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well.
You can garnish with many ingredients to suit your needs and make this a meal. Chicken tortilla soup will forever and always be one of my favorites. Who can resist those fresh, well spiced Mexican flavors in a cozy bowl of soup?
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken adobo tortilla soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Divide chicken and soup among bowls and top with sour cream, cilantro and tortilla strips. If using, top with pickled onions and serve with lime wedges. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken adobo tortilla soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- Take 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- Make ready 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Get 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Get 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Get 3-8 inch of flour tortillas – cut into thin strips.
- Take 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Take 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
This quick version includes so much texture and flavor variations but it truly just comes together so perfectly. This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up. We load ours up with more protein by adding black beans, vegetables (corn! bell peppers! onion!) and flavor with canned fire-roasted tomatoes, which we love for their smokiness. This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Instructions to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
No-fuss here, just saute the chicken and simmer everything in a big pot. The authentic taste of this smokey tomato-based soup shines through with each spoonful. Here's an authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that relies on just a few key ingredients to create some real flavor! A great soup to have in your kitchen. You could always use half of a chipotle if you want an even milder version. (More info on working with chipotles in adobo here.) Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken adobo tortilla soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!