Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, filipino chicken adobo with white rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook filipino chicken adobo with white rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Get of Chicken and marinade.
- Take 1.5 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Get 1/3 cup of + 2 tbs white vinegar.
- Get 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of For cooking.
- Take 2 tbs. of Canola oil.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- Make ready 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of brown sugar.
- Get 1 tbs. of whole black pepper.
- Make ready of Toppings.
- Take 2 of green onions, sliced.
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes..
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup..
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself – it will thicken much quicker – then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze..
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo with white rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!