Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
If you are not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer you many health rewards. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which can often make you sleepy. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather they will just help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Almonds frequently give you a general increased feeling of well-being.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. You can cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Prepare 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Take 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- You need 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Take 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- Use 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- You need 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Provide 1 of FOR SOUP.
- Provide 1 tbsp of butter.
- Use 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Use 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- Provide 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Use 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Get 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Use 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Provide 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Take 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Steps to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
I make this with rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken thighs, skin removed. This soup clearly falls in the comfort food bucket! However, I made this recipe from scratch using chicken breast. But it's very easy to adapt to use leftover turkey, and it means. If you're roasting a boneless turkey breast and don't have a carcass in the freezer, you can use store-bought turkey or chicken stock (or broth).
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.