Filipino Chicken Adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
Philippine adobo is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves. As requested by Philip Galanaga and Neil Gerald Ruiz, here's my version of Filipino chicken adobo! With few ingredients and steps, this is easily a.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, filipino chicken adobo. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
Filipino Chicken Adobo is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Filipino Chicken Adobo is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have filipino chicken adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Make ready 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- Take 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Take 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- Get 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- Prepare 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Make ready of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a definite step away from "the same old"! Chicken thighs and drumsticks braised in pungent vinegar and soy sauce with an addition of garlic and ginger. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino chickenrecipe that is well loved by many people. The ingredients are chicken, bay leaves, black peppercorn and bay leaves.
Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.
You can use any parts of the chicken. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine. It's great for people with a very busy schedule and who like simple meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Chicken adobo: just one of many classic Filipino dishes worthy trying. This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients Bring the chicken to a boil over high heat.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!