Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, creamy broccoli & stilton soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have creamy broccoli & stilton soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Prepare of Broccoli, roughly chopped.
- Take of large Onions, chopped.
- Take of Celery, in 1 cm slices.
- Make ready of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of Potatoes, diced.
- Make ready of Leek, in 1 cm slices.
- Prepare of Ham stock. I used ham stock from a large gammon joint cooked the previous day but, if homemade stock isn’t available, good quality stock cubes work fine.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Butter, preferably unsalted.
- Take of Ground black pepper.
- Get of Crème Fraîche.
- Take of Stilton cheese.
Instructions to make Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or very large saucepan. Add the onions and gently fry for two minutes, resisting the temptation to stir unless the onions appear to be sticking. If so, add a splash of water..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry another minute..
- Add the celery and leeks and a generous knob of butter. Stir to ensure all the veg are coated with a little oil/butter and continue to fry gently for another three minutes..
- Add the potatoes and any well-chopped broccoli stalks, stir and then add the stock. Stir well and then add the rest of the broccoli. Cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat, stir well and leave on a medium simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are softened..
- Stir, taste and season with pepper but not salt. Remove from heat..
- In batches, whizz in a blender to a smooth consistency. Transfer to a saucepan and reheat..
- Crumble the Stilton cheese into the hot soup and give it all a good stir until it has melted..
- Serve piping hot with a small dollop of crème fraîche per individual bowl. Accompany with granary bread or crusty roll. Not too much soup or bread if the soup is just a starter as this soup is fairly filling..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food creamy broccoli & stilton soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!