Black Velvet Cake.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, black velvet cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Black Velvet Cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Black Velvet Cake is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have black velvet cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Velvet Cake:
- Make ready of Cake:.
- Get of Ghee, 188g + More For Greasing.
- Take 188 g of Guinness Stout,.
- Prepare 57 g of Black Cocoa Powder,.
- Prepare 75 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Take 75 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Prepare 113 g of Sour Cream,.
- Make ready 75 g of Eggs,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- Get 206 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Make ready of Frosting:.
- Get 150 g of Cream Cheese,.
- Take 50 g of Demerara Sugar Powder,.
- Get 94 g of Heavy Whipping Cream,.
- Make ready of Raw Cacao Powder, For Dusting.
Steps to make Black Velvet Cake:
- Prepare cake. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with ghee, lined with parchment paper and grease the paper with some more ghee. In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt ghee..
- It will start "singing". Once the "singing" is subtle, add Guinness stout. *Be careful as it may splash*. It will start to bubble rapidly. Once the bubbling is subtle, add in the cocoa powder and sugar..
- Remove from heat and stir to combine well. Keep stirring until the sugar has melted. In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, egg and vanilla until well combined. Add this mixture into the ghee mixture gradually while still stirring..
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt well. Fold the flour mixture into ghee mixture in 1/3 portions at a time until everything is incorporated well. Transfer the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 40 mins or it pass the skewer test..
- The center will rise and crack despite not adding any leavening agents due to the PH level of black cocoa powder. Set aside to cool down completely. Once the cake is cooled, transfer into a cake stand or a serving plate..
- Prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, add cream cheese. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until light and fluffy. Add in demerara sugar powder. *To make demerara sugar powder, simply blitz until powder forms in a spice grinder or blender.*.
- Continue whipping until well combined. Add in the whipping cream. Whip until stiff peaks form. Spread this frosting on top of the cake. Lastly, dust with some cocoa powder. Slice and serve warm or chilled..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food black velvet cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!