Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Get of medium onion.
- Make ready of garlic.
- Get of broccoli.
- Make ready of cauliflower.
- Make ready of celery.
- Prepare of large carrot.
- Prepare of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of half and half.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Get of shredded cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!