Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, xmas chocolate fruit cake pt. 2. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2 is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2 is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have xmas chocolate fruit cake pt. 2 using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2:
- Make ready of Spices:.
- Prepare 1/2 Inch of Cinnamon,.
- Make ready 6 of Cloves,.
- Make ready 12 of Allspice Berries,.
- Take Pinch of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Get of Cake:.
- Take 150 g of Unsalted Butter,.
- Make ready 38 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Take 75 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Get 50 g of Ghee,.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs,.
- Make ready 85 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Prepare 28 g of Dark Rye Flour,.
- Make ready 60 g of High Quality Cocoa Powder Preferably Valrhona or Callebaut,.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- Take of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Prepare of Cointreau / Grand Marnier / Dark Rum, 38g + More For Feeding & Flambeé.
- Prepare 57 g of Walnuts Corasely Chopped,.
- Take 57 g of Pistachios Corasely Chopped,.
Instructions to make Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2:
- Preparing the spice. Blitz cinnamon, cloves and allspice berries in a spice grinder until powder forms. Transfer into a small bowl. Grate in the nutmeg. Mix until well combined. Set aside..
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius or 300 fahrenheit. Lightly grease loaf pan or cake pan with butter. Lined with parchment paper on the bottom as well as the sides. Run aluminium foil around the pan, cut and fold to create like a ring. Tie the aluminium foil with a thread. *This is to prevent the cake from rising unevenly. Make sure the reflective side is facing towards out.*.
- Melt 75g of butter in a skillet. Once the butter has melted and starts to "sing", keep a close eye on it, as it can go from browned to burn very fast. Once the "singing" has subsided, transfer into a coffee filter over a sieve and bowl. Set aside to cool down slightly. *Weigh the browned butter, if it is under 75g, add any neutral oil to compensate.*.
- Cream the remaining 75g of butter in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer. Cream until it is like mayo consistency. Add in the sugar. Continue creaming until everything is well combined, light and fluffy. Add in the ghee, eggs and the browned butter. Mix until well combined..
- Add in the freshly ground spices. Mix until well combined. Sieve and fold in the 2 flour in 1/3 portions at a time. Sieve and fold in the cocoa powder in 1/3 portions at a time. Once everything has incorporated, add in lemon zest and juice. Add in the soaked fruits mix and Cointreau. Fold until well combined. Add in the nuts. Fold until well combined..
- Transfer into the prepared cake or loaf pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 2hrs to 2.5 hrs or until it passes the skewer test. Check frequently after the 1.5 hr mark. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, unmold onto a shallow bowl. Add about 3 TBSP of Cointreau into a sauce pot. Using a blow torch, light up the Cointreau. *Be very careful when doing this.*.
- Pour the flambé liqueur over the cake. Once the flame has seized, set aside to cool down completely. Once cooled, wrap with parchment paper or cling film. Wrap another layer of aluminium foil. Keep it in a cool and dry place. You can feed the cake with 1 TBSP of liqueur once every week for as long as you desire. I fed mine for only 2 weeks. Slice and enjoy..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food xmas chocolate fruit cake pt. 2 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!